So my BlackBerry Pearl 8130 is somewhat Dead! I can scroll around on the main ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

chadha no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down Dead Pearl

Advertisement

So my BlackBerry Pearl 8130 is somewhat Dead!

I can scroll around on the main screen when I plug or unplug it from a charger or if I take the battery out put it in and turn on the phone I can scroll with the Trackball.

BUT

I cant click onto any application or program or anything. Volume doesnt change. I was still getting calls and emails and SMS now I believe that is done too.

SO

I'm wondering if there is any program or applcation for my PC that I can check my SMS txts on, emails and other things. Is this possible?

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Have you tried pulling the battery, waiting 30 seconds and putting it back in?

It sounds to me that the buttons aren't doing anything. If a battery pull doesn't fix it, can you exchange it under warranty?

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    You did say you pulled the battery. Nevermind.

Warranty?
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Thatd be my next step as well normally, sad to hear that this's happening to you. Sadly I've never heard of any programs to check text messages, and if there were it'd probly be through your provider, however, my provider only let's me send texts from the computer and not receive them, so you'd have to look into it.

(wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    If you can back up the phone, if you get a replacement you can restore them there. Not great, but its something.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

chadha no está en línea Stack level 1
    ya ive backed up my phone...gona try warranty now...

Kvnbrad no está en línea Stack level 1
    Chadha, I got my 8100 wet a few weeks ago, it quit working "of course" i tried everything to fix it, i even heard to put the phone in a zip lock bag with uncooked rice. Well to make a long story short, i left it my car for a few days in 90+ degree heat and to my amazment it started to work just like normal, after that fact that i had already went out and purchased a new one

lexo no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kvnbrad View Post
    Chadha, I got my 8100 wet a few weeks ago, it quit working "of course" i tried everything to fix it, i even heard to put the phone in a zip lock bag with uncooked rice. Well to make a long story short, i left it my car for a few days in 90+ degree heat and to my amazment it started to work just like normal, after that fact that i had already went out and purchased a new one
    so r u selling it ?

jason2nails no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31c33731
    Sounds to me like you should do a backup and flash the phone by re-installing your os and then backup your info... of course warranty works too..