Ok so I was in my dorm room and decided to take a nap... well ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

funkychriscoldm no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2409ECD5

Dead Blackberry Pearl: Need Help!

Advertisement

Ok so I was in my dorm room and decided to take a nap... well my phone decided to do the same only thing is I woke up and my phone just didnt respond! I took the battery out for 30 sec, then the sim and the battery, nothing, tried to hook it up to both my computer and the wall charger nothing.. I was wondering if anyone had any answers why this happened and if I can resurect it. All this happened after a OS upgrade.
    Keep it Funky!

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27
    your phone is probably fine...just needs a scrub and a fresh install...use jl_cmder to wipe your phone...hopefully you get error after which would mean that it was the OS upgrade that screwed it up...make sure you do everything with the SD card removed...back it up on your PC if necessary before doing anything...after receiving error 507 (i believe) you should be able to force Desktop Manager into updating your phone using the application loader program...but before you do any of these things you should first uninstall all installs of Desktop Manager and any previous or current OS from your programs as well as your RIM folder in C:\Program Files...once that's done you reboot and do fresh installs of Desktop Manager 4.6 (4.7 is still a little buggy) and then install the OS onto your PC...i would also recommend that you use a stable OS version to rule out any hardware issues...here are the links you'll need

JL_cmdr: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ckberry-61334/

Current OS by Model/Vendor and Instructions: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...support-76342/

hope this helps...post back if you have questions...or PIN

PIN/ID
    2409ECD5
    Should my phone respond to the jl_cmder... because I have tried what you said but the program couldnt pick up my phone at all...
    Keep it Funky!

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Sounds like your device is totally bricked but before we decide that for sure try uninstalling everything from your PC. DM as well as the Operating system then goto c/program files/common files and delete the research inn\ motion folder. Reboot and then reinstall again. Reboot again and then connect your BB then open Dm.

PIN/ID
    2409ECD5
    It saved it.. once I deleted those files off the directory and restarted it my phone started vibrating... thanks!!
    Keep it Funky!

warrenelliott no está en línea Stack level 1

8100 battery dead and wont recharge

I have a similar problem. My BB Pearl was on low battery and then the battery died. Since then I have not been able to charge the phone at all! I plug it into the wall charger... nothing. Plugged it in the USB ... nothing. The screen is totally blank and there is no light or nothing. I tried removing the battery and putting it back in etc.

Any help????

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by warrenelliott View Post
    I have a similar problem. My BB Pearl was on low battery and then the battery died. Since then I have not been able to charge the phone at all! I plug it into the wall charger... nothing. Plugged it in the USB ... nothing. The screen is totally blank and there is no light or nothing. I tried removing the battery and putting it back in etc.

Any help????
    First thing I would try before doing anything else is a new battery!
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~