Hi all, I'm an 8100 noob. Just received mine yesterday from T-Mo and I love ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Flyin18T no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Deactivating DM password?

Advertisement

Hi all,
    I'm an 8100 noob. Just received mine yesterday from T-Mo and I love it. I've sync'd it with Outlook and have most config settings perfect....including my Bluetooth sync. Now, I have DM set up for Bluetooth sync so every time my 8100 is within range of my laptop a sync will occur. This feature seems to work great....however, the password login for DM kind of defeats the purpose of not having to be near your computer for a bluetooth sync. So my 8100 will start sync'ing, but then no info will actually transfer until I go to my laptop and type in my Desktop Manager password to allow the sync to continue. Any way of DEACTIVATING the password login on DM?
    Thanks in advance,
    -Chris

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Deactivating DM password?

Flyin18T, Welcome to PinStack.

I think if you have the Password set on the BB it will be activated on your DM also. You could always disable it when you are around your Laptop, but then you might forget to re-enable it when you go out. I don't think you can sync with a password protected BB without entering the Password.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Thx for the quick reply! I checked my BB and password is disabled. I never turned it on. However the DM keeps asking me for a password every time it launches.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Did you set the requirement for a Password somehow when installing Desktop Manager, or when you set up the Bluetooth connection. I don't use Bluetooth for my BB, so don't really know the set up procedure.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

I think the password was originating from the backup/restore part of DM. I deactivated the use of password everywhere I could find it within DM and for now everything seems ok.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

UGH, I had everything shut down, restarted and once again DM asks me for my KEY STORE PASSWORD. What is this?...and how do I shut it off?

I believe I found the definitive answer ott his issue. It was located at blackberryforums.com and posted by this user......(giving credit where credit is due)......

cooperpwc vbmenu_register("postmenu_222211", true);
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
    Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry
    mftp.

I actually don't know what mftp means. I feel culturally detached.

I figured out how to disable the key store password. In Desktop Manager go into Certificate Sync and choose Options. Then uncheck Automatically Synchronise My Device's Certificate Data When My Device is Connected to the Computer. However, you will need your key store password to do this...
    (EDIT: Apparently you can do this without the password.)
    Last edited by cooperpwc : 04-24-2006 at 01:21 PM.

......so far this seems to have worked for me.

Tylast no está en línea Stack level 2

How about the other way? I WANT to keep my BB password enabled. I'm sitting at my computer & my BB is in the other room connected via bluetooth. I want to sync from my computer, but I HAVE to go enter my password on my Pearl. How do I get around NOT doing that?

leeS726 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thank You this worked for me. I have been having this problem for weeks, and it is really a pain because the prompt window is always hidden behind other windows on my desktop. Funny though I spent an hour searching PinStack and didn't find this thread, but then I went to google and searched the internet with the same string and it returned a link to this PinStack thread.