Hey, A few questions from a total BB novice... all your help is much appreciated! ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

sneakyeek no está en línea Stack level 1

Date/Time and Calendar Help Please

Advertisement

Hey,

A few questions from a total BB novice... all your help is much appreciated!

1) I currently have my BB (8100) set to recieve date/time updates from the network; however, the time on the BB doesn't change (even though the network time in the time/date settings does) when I move timezones or, annoyingly, with the switch to DST. I manually changed the time but now some of my appointments are listed on the calendar as an hour earlier than they should be. I have stopped relying on calendar reminders since the DST switch because I have no idea if the listed time is accurate or not. I read a previous thread about a patch, but as a total novice I don't know where to find/how to install that, please help.

2) Similarly, when I receive email outlook meeting requests on the BB they are listed as an hour earlier than when I check them on my desktop. Is this a symptom of the same issue as above?

3) Finally, on my desktop calendar I have certain appointments listed as "all day" appointments like holidays, scheduled vacation, birthdays, etc. However, that doesn't seem to translate to the BB. Instead these appointments are listed as occuring for 24 hours (from 3am to 3am the next day), send me reminders at 2 in the morning (sucks when the BB doubles as an alarm clock on travel), and make the calendar difficult to read when multiple all day appointments are listed on the same day.

Sorry for the long post, but PLEASE tell me there are easy fixes to these issues. Thanks!

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    Contact AT&T and ask for the patch to fix this issue. I just went through this issue with one of my users with a 8700. Have them email it to you and just follow the instructions.

Thanks! Any insight on the all day appointment issue with my calendar?

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3
    What version of software is on your blackberry device? go to options and then About and see what the version is. If it is 4.2.2 then you don't need to patch.

Quote Originally Posted by markgallant View Post
    What version of software is on your blackberry device? go to options and then About and see what the version is. If it is 4.2.2 then you don't need to patch.

It's 4.2.0.73... Should I just be updating my software then? How do I do that? Thanks guys.