I'm just wondering if anyone can help me out with this- I'm debating on whether ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

kendrick87 no está en línea Stack level 2

Data speeds and Cingular vs. T-Mobile

I'm just wondering if anyone can help me out with this- I'm debating on whether to switch to T-mobile and get the pearl, or wait till the Cingular release. Can anyone suggest any pros and cons? Also, which is faster- the T-mobile data speeds or the Cingular data? PLEASE help. I'm seriously having a big internal struggle right now. haha, no but seriously.....

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PM - Ask
    If your happy with Cingular, I would just wait, it won't be that long. I definitly wouldn't switch just for a phone. Coverage is much more important.

As to the speeds, I don't know how widespread TMOs EDGE network is compared to Cingular, but I would imagine for the most part they are compariable. The Technology is the same. But alot has to do with conjestion.

Hope this helps
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

sdowney83 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I'm not too familiar with
    any of cingulars packages or data speed... But, I'm with T-Mobile and unlimited data for $20 is nice... I know that sprints is supposed to be around $44 for blackberry devices... So that's definately an advantage. The data seems pretty fast, and I know that cingulars coverage isn't the best here (Toledo, OH). But that will all depend on where you live... T-Mobile gives you a 14 day trial period, and now they have my faves...
    Like Rcbrjr said, don't switch just for a phone. Make sure your getting what's right for you...I'd recommend that if you have the extra cash, give tmo a try while you've still got cingular active... Then you can either cancel tmo or cancel cingular and port your number...

~via BB (

jhowle no está en línea Stack level 4
    With A Voice Plan Cingular Has A Personnal Data Plan Unlimited For 29.99 A Month And I Available On Every One Os Cingulars Towers

HotCelica no está en línea Stack level 3
    Ask Meh
    Any tower that Cingular can use T-Mobile can use as we have a roaming partnership. As for DATA speeds.... T-Mobile Edge is up to 220KBs......I dont know what Cingular promises

mrdeeno no está en línea Stack level 3
    I think Cingular has an edge in areas where 3G is rolling out, but that doesn't make a difference for us since I don't think the Pearl (t-mobile's and upcoming Cingular version) will supports it.

The only difference I've seen between my t-mo pearl and my previous 7130c on Cingular is that I got better coverage in fringe areas with Cingular. My pearl seems faster at loading webpages, but that may be just because it is processing faster than the 7130c.

Albeevr6 no está en línea Stack level 1
    When I tether my pearl the speeds I am getting in most areas is amazing. It is almost comparable with my cable modem at home.

I couldnt believe it when I first set it up. I am using my pearl with T-Mobile unlimited blackberry internet/ email plan and its only $20 a month.