Hey, i just got a data plan for my phone, and i was basically wondering ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jmarley no está en línea Stack level 2

Data Plan -- Input

Advertisement

Hey,

i just got a data plan for my phone, and i was basically wondering what is the best stuff you can do with it? i just wanna make the most out of it and make sure i know about all the cool stuff i can do. so what is the most used feature you guys use, what makes it worth it, or what do you think is the best thing about it. thanks for the input! this is my first time to have this kind of service on my phone, so im still getting familiar. TIA

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Re: Data Plan -- Input

My personal favorites: Opera Mini, Google Mobile Apps, Pinstack Login, KaGlom! (Game), ViiGo RSS Reader, MobiPocket Reader.

For Mobipocket reader OTA go to this site with your BB Browser: http://m.mobipocket.com/

Updated to give the links.
    Last edited by LaTuFu; 07-12-2007 at 11:29 PM.

jmarley no está en línea Stack level 2

opera mini is a broswer right? is it much better than the built in blackberry browser? it seems to work good for me. what kind of google mobile apps are there? i can prob look it al up myself but i was just curious what you liked. thanks for the help LaTuFu..on this thread and the gps one!

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Yeah, Opera Mini is a browser. I don't know that it is "better" but it definitely does some sites better than BB Browser. The BB Browser does some sites better than Opera. So I use both. Opera does Myspace and other graphics sites better than the BB Browser.

anfrey no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    A5KME41T

i use both browsers as well, depending on the site i need to access, or my preference at the time.

RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me

I like using the pinstack launcher, Jivetalk, RadioBee, Opera Mini and BB browser, mobile google, berry 411 and you can also use your BB as a tethered Modem for use with your laptop or desktop.

PIN/ID
    A5KME41T

Quote Originally Posted by RemyKirin
    I like using the pinstack launcher, Jivetalk, RadioBee, Opera Mini and BB browser, mobile google, berry 411 and you can also use your BB as a tethered Modem for use with your laptop or desktop.
    what's radiobee? i'm guessing it's streaming radio... but on a pearl? does it work?

RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me

Quote Originally Posted by anfrey
    what's radiobee? i'm guessing it's streaming radio... but on a pearl? does it work?
    It's hard to get it working great and usually it's hit or miss but yeah it works on pearl. It's still in development...

PIN/ID
    A5KME41T

Quote Originally Posted by RemyKirin
    It's hard to get it working great and usually it's hit or miss but yeah it works on pearl. It's still in development...
    i'm guessing with GPRS/EDGE it could only handle low quality streams... i'm guessing no more than 64kbps