For Cingular, does it cost more to go on the internet when roaming?... BlackBerry Pearl forum

skunk22civic no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2408989b

data plan

Advertisement

For Cingular, does it cost more to go on the internet when roaming?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: data plan

depends where you're roaming. international yes. I know they have a roaming agreement with TMO not sure about other carriers though so if roaming on TMO you're fine

getmore4life no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2209848B

Question Question. OK so im going to be in Thailand starting in 3 days. I am with tmobile and data and cell does work over there. What i would like to know is, if the international email also count to internet for your phone. Cause i have the unlimited data BIS for tmo and just added the international thing for just this month. I would like to know if it works over there. like the internet not just email?
    Vince
    Pin Me Whenever 2209848B
    California Youth & Government

rabbie303 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

one thing to beware of. when you go internationally, and you turn your phone on, once it connects to a tower and you have incoming emails, text, mms etc, you will get charged just for having the phone on and not using it. the reason I know this is I just went to Mexico in June and I had charges and they said thats what it was from. Watch out.
    ~Erich~
    ---60% of the time it works every time--

gazar no está en línea Stack level 5

I travel quite a lot, and usually your phone and sms are charged at a higher than normal rate, also your data will be charged at a very high rate !! even though you have a data plan!

You may be able to get a special deal from your carrier for travelling, or get a local sim when you get there.