Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I want to get messenging. However I don't know if i should get an unlimited ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bboychino no está en línea Stack level 1

Data or Texting

Advertisement

I want to get messenging. However I don't know if i should get an unlimited data or texting plan. Is there a way to use texting with unlimited data? Such applications like AIM, MSN and Yahoo. I also have ATT. So using texting with data would be the best idea for me. What application should i use to text?

klubhead no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Data or Texting

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~there are various programs that use only data for instant messaging.. I think there's also ones for sms's

klubhead no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i use mig33 for msn and ramble I'm for aim

Not sure of good sms programs

.. Couldn't edit bec. I'm on my phone

ameilius no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23DDD916

if you have a bb - you surely want both texting and data - in my opinion that is - i couldnt see losing either of them as i use them %99.9 more than phone calls

Dabbill no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24ADC49A

Not sure if ATT is the same as T-Mobile, but with T-Mobile i get unlimited text messages with my data plan.

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27

woot! go T-Mo...but i'm sure AT&T has a similar plan where you get unlimited data and texts...texts cost almost nothing for the phone company...it's data usage that kills so i you're getting unlimited data plan from them they almost always throw in free texting just from my experience with t-mo, cingular, and sprint

PIN/ID
    242E7D27

this link should help you too http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-pho...hone-plans.jsp

you want BB personal...says right in the summary that you get texting, video messaging, and all other things you'll need...best thing to do is to call a customer service rep who can help you the best with your service plan...that's if AT&T is anything like T-Mo

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    There are some messaging apps that use data only such as yahoo or google that you can download from the rim website. Jivetalk is an all in one app that includes aim, yahoo, msn and a couple others. Its the best out right now and doesn't require a text plan. You can get more info at www.beejive.com.

joewoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F

Some messaging programs use texts to send messages, and some programs use your data.

I'd get an unlimited data plan and use jivetalk.

PIN/ID
    242E7D27

forgot about this one too...if you have an AIM account already you can set up mobile forwarding

this will cause AIM to send you a text of the IM you're receiving and you're able to respond to them...no data plan needed but you do need text message plan (preferably unlimited)

it's under options of your buddy list...only down side is you have to stay signed in on you home PC or wherever so as to keep receiving IMs...did that for years with sprint when their data plans were outrageous

miclflores no está en línea Stack level 2

Where do you live? I definitely don't get unlimited text messages with my plan. Any idea on how to get that deal?

enikolayev no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by magellan0547
    woot! go T-Mo...but i'm sure AT&T has a similar plan where you get unlimited data and texts...texts cost almost nothing for the phone company...it's data usage that kills so i you're getting unlimited data plan from them they almost always throw in free texting just from my experience with t-mo, cingular, and sprint
    i have a txt plan with t-mo for $20/mo for 2 phones. How do i go about convincing them to give me free unlimited txt if i switch to their unlimited data plan, which is also $20 if i am correct.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by enikolayev
    i have a txt plan with t-mo for $20/mo for 2 phones. How do i go about convincing them to give me free unlimited txt if i switch to their unlimited data plan, which is also $20 if i am correct.
    Actually if you want unlimited texting with a data plan you need to actully change your whole plan itself.

Right now you probably have a Voice Plan, with add ons.

If you want unlimited text then you need to find a Blackberry Minutes and Mail plan that suits you.
    http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/plans/d...ackBerry%c2%ae

That should be the list of the plans, It will be under Blackberry Internet Service Plans
    This is the one I have.
    http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/plans/d...7-3ec0885e2004

Hope this clears it up a little.

enikolayev no está en línea Stack level 2

thats really helpful, thanks. unlimited data/text and 600 min would be perfect for me

miclflores no está en línea Stack level 2

Gracias. It looks like you can get the unlimited text but you lose the unlimited nights and weekends.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast