I have a pearl with Vodafone UK and yesterday changed from the v'fone theme to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

daruma no está en línea Stack level 1

data lost when new theme installed on Pearl

Advertisement

I have a pearl with Vodafone UK and yesterday changed from the v'fone theme to the bb dimension. But all my messages (bar 10), my calendar entries (except for future ones) and my phone log have disappeared. Help! Anyone know what's gone wrong? Thanks.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: data lost when new theme installed on Pearl

There are many threads about the pearl automatically deleting emails, sms, calendar entries, etc...

Take a look here see if you find anything... http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...earl_8100.html

Let us know how it goes, someone else may come along and have those threads I mentioned handy and give you a link.

daruma no está en línea Stack level 1

Many thanks. It looks like the consensus is that this problem is pretty widespread but no one really knows why or, more importantly, how to stop it happening. But I can't find anything on any official bb sites. It would be reassuring if they could at least acknowledge the problem and say what they're doing about it. I like the Pearl but if this problem continues I might have to use something else.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

daruma, Yes it it a memory leak problem. It can be corrected by freeing up memory. Do you use all your Languages that are installed in your OS. I have deleted all that I don't use and done some other things to free up memory such as reducing the amount that is reserved for the Media Device Memory. I now have about 30 Megs of free memory and haven't lost any messages or logs. I do perform a periodic cold reboot to release the unused memory, as that has become a habit from my previous BB devices.

hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles