well, I just picked up a parl off a buddy of mine. It's t-mobile branded ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Matthew_L84 no está en línea Stack level 3

Data Connection Refused, with a twist..

Advertisement

well, I just picked up a parl off a buddy of mine. It's t-mobile branded (service I have). I currently have unlimited data added on to my plan (worked fine for my mda) so when I popped my sim into the pearl everything worked fine (opera). I did a wipe to get rid of all his junk on the phone and start fresh, but now I have "data connection refused" on top of my screen and cannot access the internet through opera.

How should I fix this?

Also, I dont have anyway to setup my @yahoo pop3 email, All I have is "compose email" which gets me no where since I dont have any option to setup my yahoo.com account, all I seem to have his enterprise activation.. which I DONT need.

I'm a bit stumped.

it says I have v4.2.0.64 (platform 2.2.0.37)

am I missing a setting here?

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

Re: Data Connection Refused, with a twist..

Do you have the standard unlimited data plan or the blackberry unlimited data plan? I am betting that all the settings were in the phone from when your buddy used it before but were wiped with the wipe you did. If you have the BB unlimited plan, it should just be a simple case of sending the service books back to the phone to solve your issue.

Zo.

interesting, I'mg oing to log into t-mobile.com right now and see if i can change my service around a bit. I didnt see any option for a blackberry anything last time.

How do I have them send these "books"? and why would it have been working before, but now now? does anyone know what settings I'd need so I dont have to change around my plan? I have the standard unlimited data plan.

ok, i switched my phones on t-mobile to the 8100 and noticed that I can add the "blackberry add-on" for $19.99, so I would cancel my total internet ($29.99) and use the blackberry internet plan which will work for google maps, opera, etc??

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

Yup. It will also give you 10 email addresses to use on the device. Gives you the same internet you were used to for less.

Zo.

interesting. WELL i just played around with my settings and it seems to be working now.

thanks for the help