Okay ppl i have a pearl and i added my Data Package about 2 days ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bronxboomer no está en línea Stack level 1

Data Connection refused

Advertisement

Okay ppl i have a pearl and i added my Data Package about 2 days ago and still have no internet service. It says in the top middle of my phone Data Connection refused. I"ve called Tmobile over 30 times about this and they tryed all different tricks and reseting my im number my entire network. I've taken off my battery sim card. I wiped out my entire phone started up from factory and i still get my same error Data Connection Refused. Now tmoible is tell me its either my sim card or the phone. So i took out my sim card and placed it an old Nokia phone i had and i loged on the internet which was t-zones and it worked great. Now the minute i placed my sim card back in my pearl nothing happens. I don't even have a browser Icon. Has this happen to anyone if so can you please tell me what i can do I'm really going crazy here Ive only had my phone for 3 months.

SonikAMD no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e44a00

Re: Data Connection refused

did tech support check to see if data on your phone was enabled?

options -> network -> is data enabled?
    Last edited by SonikAMD; 03-31-2007 at 09:53 PM.

Yeah that was done its on

PIN/ID
    23e44a00

have you tried deleting/resending your phone's service books?

yes nothing happens when i go into my servie books its empty so i hit the resending button and nothing happens
    Last edited by bronxboomer; 03-31-2007 at 10:27 PM.

PIN/ID
    23e44a00

tried APN settings? options -> advanced options -> TCP -> APN -> wap.voicestream.com (leave the other two spots blank)

Thumbs down Re: Data Connection refused

I just tryed that and pulled out the battery to do a reset and nothing still says Data Connection Refused!!!

PIN/ID
    23e44a00

ouch. do you get any data? picture messages ect? also there's a shortcut to 'turn wireless on/off' be sure it says 'Turn Wireless off' (indicating wireless is already on). If wireless is on what kind of service are you getting? under the phone's signal it should have some letters, EDGE GPRS ect.
    Last edited by SonikAMD; 03-31-2007 at 10:48 PM.

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

I wrote this in the other thread, but this is exactly wat u need as well.

Connect your device via USB, open your DM and go to "Backup & Restore" then hit "Backup" and choose a location where u want the file to be saved (my documents, desktop, etc) What it will do is save ALL of your data from the pearl everything from your background pic to your calendar to your media. Ones u done that unplug your device and go to Options/Security Options/General Settings/Hit menu and then select Wipe handheld. This will restore your phone to its original point. Go through the process, it will delete everything but dont worry u saved a file on your PC. After everything is done, plug you device back in, open DM and go to "Backup Restore" and this time hit "Restore" then locate the files u saved and click continue until it starts proccessing.

This will restore everything and bring ALL of your data back. U might also run the set up wizard ones the restore thing is done and your phone went back on.

One last thing, when everything is finished, on your device go to Options/Advanced Options/Host Routing Table and select the one in bold, then hit menu/register now.

Im sure this will bring everything back and your browser. Its not as long of a process as it seems.

Hope this helps!

PIN/ID
    23e44a00

cool, thanks peterbabiy! was getting near the end of my knowhow and this will be very helpful to what I'm trying as well!!

PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Yep np

Thumbs up Re: Data Connection refused

Well ppl i tryed everything finally went to a big tmobile store they changed my sim card and WOOWOO that was the problem my sim card somehow went bad thanks again for all the help and hints and tricks

PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Glad u got streighten out