a few weeks ago i started a thread with a question about the track ball. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

exman98 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down damn blackberry.. enter function problems

Advertisement

a few weeks ago i started a thread with a question about the track ball. i have found that the track ball is not the only problem...so here we go

problem 1
    the track ball will scroll but will not press in for the enter function. this is not a big deal, i can just use the enter key. (yes i have tried cleaning it too)

problem 2
    the top keys are acting like the enter button when pressed durring texting but not regular number dialing.

when i try to type a text with any of the top keys (qw, we, tr,ui, op) it acts as though they are the "enter" button. i does not matter when i hit it, it will send once the key is hit. this happens in the first letter or in the middle of the word. so basically i cannot use my text.

i have tried to "wipe" the system but i cannot because once i have to enter "blackberry" and once i get to the "e" it will cancle the command as though i had pressed the enter button.I am not worried about losing any information in the phone btw.

i have restarted the phone
    i have taken the battery out of the phone to reset as well.

i believe my OS is up to date, but i am not sure. i have the bb dm

should i delete the OS and put a new one on there. this is something i have been trying to do but cannot figure it out (even with the online guides).

any help would be nice. thank you

Re: damn blackberry.. enter function problems

the thread i originally posted was called "more trackball problems" i believe. i still have the same problems indicated here as well.

Sry it will not let me post the URL....i guess cuz i am a noob here

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Here is the link to your old thread since you are unable to do links yet (yeah it's the the newbie status until 10 posts) http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._problems.html

I would really think it is a bad device. Looks like in your old thread you did a fresh install of the OS and didn't help. I would contact your carrier and see if they would help in an exchange.

so i basically have to pay $300 dollar for another phone. :-(
    i love the blackberry but due to all the issues in quality that i have read about i do not think i will buy another.

anyone have an altenative suggestion for a phone with a full "qwerty" key pad that is of better quality?

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

very sorry to hear that. I would sell yours on eBay and get another from there. You can get the 8100 for around $100 used or $200 new.

full keyboards - Treo's or other Windows Mobile devices BUT not as good in stability (or quality in my opinion). There are also a few Nokia's such as E62 and I think it's the E70 that is a flip up phone with keyboard inside.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Or you can try the BB buy and sell forum here on the Stacks. Be careful of Ebay. Make sure the seller has a very good seller rating first.
    You could try to send your BB in for repair. I'm wap right now or I would link you. There's bb repair shop and some others.

If still under 1 year you might try a warranty exchange.
    ~via Lavaberry (wap.pinstack.com)~

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Try BBRepairshop or Promobility.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles