hey guys i was wondering if anyone had found a way to set up daily ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

reynalthomas no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204D0DA0

daily reminders

Advertisement

hey guys i was wondering if anyone had found a way to set up daily alarms for things like taking medicine, etc?

i dont want to set up an appt in the calendar ... but i want something to make a noise and pop up at the same time everyday for certain reminders.

anyone found a way to do this?
    "It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." -- Albus Dumbledore

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: daily reminders

Set the alarm on the device to alert you when you have to do something important.

PIN/ID
    204D0DA0

right, thought about that ... but theres only ONE alarm ... i need something that i can set up to remind me to take medicine (or give medicine) at various times of the day
    "It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." -- Albus Dumbledore

j llama no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    4U2ASKME

Quote Originally Posted by reynalthomas
    hey guys i was wondering if anyone had found a way to set up daily alarms for things like taking medicine, etc?

i dont want to set up an appt in the calendar ... but i want something to make a noise and pop up at the same time everyday for certain reminders.

anyone found a way to do this?
    you said i perfectly
    "i dont want to set up an appt in the calendar ... but i want something to make a noise and pop up at the same time everyday for certain reminders. "

the only way i know to do this is to set up a appt in the calender...
    you can set it as a daily occurence or weekly...you can even specify what days of the week

just scroll down to "RECURRENCE" after choosing a day and time for your
    appt. then choose daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly

i actually use the calender as a secondary alarm.
    i just seto it up for X:XXam and then select which days of the
    week i want it to go off ( once again use the "RECURRENCE" option)
    i set it up so a different MP3 plays when calender appts go so
    (edit the profile, even on vibrate my calender appts play MP3's)
    i wake up to multiple songs playing (takes alot to wake me up!!)
    hope this helps. the calender is pretty useful

PIN/ID
    204D0DA0

im such a geek when it comes to this kinda stuff ... i just dont want to clutter my calendar. i know that sounds ridiculous ... i tried with the "tasks" but i cant get it to remind me everyday. blah.

j llama no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    4U2ASKME

the calender can hold (i'm completley guessing here) maybe like 100 appts a day...the only thing you see from the main calender screen is a longer "tick" showing how many appts you have for the day.
    i really think the cal is the gonna be your best bet. just my opinion of course.
    what other kind of stuff would clutter up your calender?
    i didn't even realize you could set the tasks to remind you with an alarm

furrbrain no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E4F98B

I saw a program called RemindMe over at Handango that may fill the bill for you. I'de like to see a better Calenday app become available (PalmOS users reference DateBk5) with Categories that can be turned on and off with selectable colors/icons.

I use the current calendar as an alarm clock. My work schedule is on a 3 week rotation, so I have all my workdays on a 3 week repeat and a 2 hour reminder. I also have the phone shut down at 10pm and come on at 8am. When I need to get up for work it wakes me up at 5:30am or 6am. When I don't have work it turns on at 8.

BLISS1990 no está en línea Stack level 2

There is a multi alarm clock thread on here somewhere. Its called mobylo. You can set 5 diff alarms. Wish I could b more help on the actual thread. But if you searcn a bit I'm sure you'll find it.