I loaded some ringtones to my BB. Set them as custom tunes for a few ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Smokem no está en línea Stack level 2

Custom Ringtones Not Working

Advertisement

I loaded some ringtones to my BB. Set them as custom tunes for a few frequent contacts. I decided i wanted some new tones. I deleted the ringtones from the BB then uploaded the new ones I wanted.

I changes the ringtones in the edit page and it shows the new ringtone as the custom tune as it should be done.

BUT, when these people call me all i get is the regular Cingular default tune. I went to the edit page and it still shows the contact as having a custom ringer. It matches up but the ringer doesn;t ring what i want it to.

Any Suggestions????

Was deleting them off the phone first the problem? or is it something else?

ktorres1120 no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Custom Ringtones Not Working

Have you done a battery pull since changing the ringtone? Does Cingular have something similar to MyFaves?

Smokem no está en línea Stack level 2

nothing similiar to myfaves, i just added custom ringtones. Tried battery pull. No luck.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

What Profile are you using? You may want to go under profiles and see what those exceptions say. Maybe edit them from in there. Just a thought.

tribalbreak no está en línea Stack level 1

im having a very similar problem, i got a new bb and had to use the system backup/restore to get all my numbers back on the new bb. i did that then added new and different songs from my computer to the ringtone folder. now when i try to add a song to a contact that use to be a different song, it just plays the cingular ring. anybody had similar problems or maybe a solution?