just wanted to share. i was told about this site. its text to speech from ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

wmmorgan no está en línea Stack level 2

Thumbs up custom ringtones

Advertisement

just wanted to share. i was told about this site. its text to speech from at&t you can type what you want it to say and then it will say it in a diff voice you pick. i typed all my contact names like this

excuse me michael, you have a phone call from ***** it is so cool i also have it say excuse me michael, you have a new text message. i then went into a mp3 editor and added a beep in front of each one of my contacts to get my attention lol.

now it tells me who is calling before i have to look..

this works great but i can't post a link here to the site? ( i don't have enough post yet)
    anyone wanna post the link for me?

if you guys already know about the site sorry if i posted a already posted thread

michal

JeffreyC no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: custom ringtones

That AT&T site is great. I've been using that for quite some time. However, I would love to be able to put a tune in front of the speech. Can you tell me what site that it? Also, it is easy to use? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by wmmorgan
    just wanted to share. i was told about this site. its text to speech from at&t you can type what you want it to say and then it will say it in a diff voice you pick. i typed all my contact names like this

excuse me michael, you have a phone call from ***** it is so cool i also have it say excuse me michael, you have a new text message. i then went into a mp3 editor and added a beep in front of each one of my contacts to get my attention lol.

now it tells me who is calling before i have to look..

this works great but i can't post a link here to the site? ( i don't have enough post yet)
    anyone wanna post the link for me?

if you guys already know about the site sorry if i posted a already posted thread

michal

wmmorgan no está en línea Stack level 2

i put the tone in front of it with sony sound forge. most any mp3 editor should let you do it. it was easy took 2 sec per file..

Cool, is it possible to do this while on your blackberry? My computer is down right now.. Do you have a website for this? Sorry for all the questions..!

Quote Originally Posted by wmmorgan
    i put the tone in front of it with sony sound forge. most any mp3 editor should let you do it. it was easy took 2 sec per file..

railz no está en línea Stack level 2

One place I saw mentioned before is http://www.phonezoo.com - looks like you can do it all online there, but I've not tried it myself. It says its free but be cautious.

If you want to chop up MP3 files, I use Goldwave myself - http://www.goldwave.com/

Make sure you download the LAME MP3 encoder too and put the .dll file into the Goldwave install directory.

Thanks, I'll give it a shot..