Hi, im trying to set a custom ring tone but it just doesn't want to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

grmry2088 no está en línea Stack level 1

Custom ringtone help!!!

Advertisement

Hi, im trying to set a custom ring tone but it just doesn't want to work and i have no idea why. I have read the previous posts about this problem, but they have not helped. I have put the exception to a contact but it still plays the general ring tone that rings for everyone else. Also at first it used to work but it would only play like 4 seconds of the ring tone and then start all over again without me touching the phone. I dont know how to make it work. Does anyone have any ideas? (i have also taken out the battery and nothing)

E3BK no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    JUST ASK

Re: Custom ringtone help!!!

is it for a group or a single contact? The exceptions are for "caller groups" I think. For individual ringtones, I just go in to edit a contact, hit menu and choose "add custom tone." Then I pick from what I have loaded on my memory card.

grmry2088 no está en línea Stack level 1

its for individual contacts. I tried just going into the edit place and then taking the battery out, but it doesn't work.

Paiger850419 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2400E01C

Also, it might help if u turn off the vibrate before the ring in ur opts 4 ur ringer profile, this helps ur ringtone 2 play longer. When u change ur custom ringer, make sure u save it when u exit, don't just press the red button and think that ur done...just in case u might b doing that...hope these help u out!