hey I was just wondering if I am not doing something right. but just recently ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

am172 no está en línea Stack level 1

custom ring tone not working

Advertisement

hey I was just wondering if I am not doing something right. but just recently when I change my ringtones for certian people when they call it will work for awhile but then after a short time it will default to my phone ringtone and not the custome ringtone I have set for them....help

Jimmyisbett3r no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: custom ring tone not working

check if you saved the settings.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Do you have MyFavs? If you do you have to do it some special way through MyFavs. Not sure since I don't have it.

Also how exactly are you editing them?

I don't have myfav's but i know I save the setting. cuz it will work for a few weeks then it will go back to the default ringtone.

silvermoon no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by am172 View Post
    I don't have myfav's but i know I save the setting. cuz it will work for a few weeks then it will go back to the default ringtone.
    i myself am just having problems getting the media folder to open to save my customized indivdual ring tones. i go through address book and select a person to add a customized ring tone to, then it sees the media folder but wont open it. instead it says "up" with the folder showing...any ideas?

when you go into your ringtones you should see the options "up" "divice Memory" or "prelouded memory" you need to select the divice memory and you will see all of your down loaded music. if you want to set it to a custome ringtone then you need to select the person it is for then click on it go to menu then edit to bring up the information on that person then click menu then edit again scroll down to "add custome phone tune" then click on it and it should bring up all the songs that you have including downloaded and preloaded tunes. hope that helps.

silvermoon no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by am172 View Post
    when you go into your ringtones you should see the options "up" "divice Memory" or "prelouded memory" you need to select the divice memory and you will see all of your down loaded music. if you want to set it to a custome ringtone then you need to select the person it is for then click on it go to menu then edit to bring up the information on that person then click menu then edit again scroll down to "add custome phone tune" then click on it and it should bring up all the songs that you have including downloaded and preloaded tunes. hope that helps.

still NOT working!! man this is really ticking me off. sometimes i cant even get my stupid phone to recognize my media card (like now)....