Recently I made my own voice ringtone but I am having problems setting it to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

crackberry06 no está en línea Stack level 1

Custom Phone Tune

Advertisement

Recently I made my own voice ringtone but I am having problems setting it to a particular caller. I used an At&t software to create a voice tone. The file is a wav file. I have put the file on my blackberry pearl and it plays fine. However when I set it to be used on a particular caller it doesnt work. Do you guys have any suggestions.

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA
    How r u setting it up as your phone tune? Try selecting a person then edit > menu > Add costum phone tune, if thats not what you were doing. Let us know if anything works out

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    crackberry06, Welcome to PinStack.

When you stored it on your Pearl, did you put it in the Ringtones folder or the Music Folder? How are you trying to add it to a particular caller?

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

crackberry06 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Custom Phone Tune

I saved it to the ringtone folder and i go to my address book and select a person then edit then add custom tune

kevin430 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Custom Phone Tune

it should be mp3 file
    KeVin 4 Sho~

candy22 no está en línea Stack level 1

i'm having the same problem

when i set a custom ring tone to a certain contact it won't allow it.I go to my address book then go to the contact then go to set custom phone tone but it stills plays whatever song that i have set in the main profile and i't wont allow me to keep the profile song empty so i don't know why i can set it however my phone does not have a media card. could this be why if so why does the song still play on the profile setting. anyone with suggestions let me know.

gorcorps no está en línea Stack level 3
    Try this... set a custom ringtone for the person like normal through the address book. Then go back to the home screen and hit the profile button (speaker in top right usually) and scroll down to "advanced". In the window that pops up at the bottom it'll say "use active profile except for:" and tick the box that has your contact in it. Should work now.