Materials Needed: A few CDs Lighter or a small Candle Scissors Pen or Marker Ruler ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bonelafide no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FFECE7

Custom Pearl Holder: Tutorial w/ Pics

Advertisement

Materials Needed:

A few CDs
    Lighter or a small Candle
    Scissors
    Pen or Marker
    Ruler

Directions / Instruction:

1. First Grab your desired CD.

2. Grab your ruler and Pen and find the center of the CD and divide that in half.
    Measure out 2 inches and mark that line.

3. Get your ruler, and make two more lines going down from the ends of the first line

4. So now you should have a rectangle like box. Measure about 2 1/2 CM from the bottom and draw a few dashes in a straight horizontal line. (this will be where we will bend the disk at)

5. now for the side rails. It all depends where exactly you want these and how big you want them to be. I drew mine about 2 CM from the first line we drew. and then made that rail 1 CM thick.

6. Grab your scissors and start to slowly cut along the lines. On the side rails becareful and make sure you don't break them.

7. Now its time to start the fun stuff. FIRE!
    Light your candle, or just get your lighter ready.
    We're going to start at the bottom dashes.
    Slowing run the flam along the bottom side of the CD (not the side we drew on, the other side!) Once u notice that it starts to move on its own, Slowly bend the CD towards you

8. Now for the two stands. Do the same thing and bend those backwards at the first line we drew.

9. Time for the rails

10. The last part, we will make sure our Pearl doesn't fall forward. for this part i used a lighter. run the flame about half way from the rail

Now we're done, you can now proceed to clean your new stand. (Nail polish remover works great at taking the marker off and all the burn markings) but please be careful and don't drop it or be to rough with it! (i broke one in the cleaning process and wasn't so happy)

Please post pictures of your finished piece!

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G

Re: Custom Pearl Holder: Tutorial w/ Pics

Great tutorial!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

bonelafide no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FFECE7

Re: Custom Pearl Holder: Tutorial w/ Pics

thanks. hope you use it!

meme405 no está en línea Stack level 3
    If you have the knowledge and simple tinsnips and patience, i made one on about the same design basis made out of Aluminum sheet metal i had lying around...