ok here is my problem ......i can set custom ringtones for certain callers and it ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

suprtong no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2498D306

custom notifications?

Advertisement

ok here is my problem ......i can set custom ringtones for certain callers and it works but when they send me a text or mms message it rings the default ringer and not the custom one i set for that person....how can i make it ring the custom tone for messages to?thanks in advance......mark s.

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a

Re: custom notifications?

>Profiles
    >Scroll all the way down to advanced
    >Select profile with menu button
    >click edit
    >Find SMS and MMS

You can change it here along with IMs, IM Alerts, BB Messenger and it's alerts, emails, and whatever else it has listed
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

you can set ringtones for individuals, but not SMS/MMS/Email sounds. Those are global.

PIN/ID
    n/a

Good point. Brain fart! I knew that but totally forgot until you just mentioned that. Justyn's not thinking today people

suprtong no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2498D306

Quote Originally Posted by cliffr39 View Post
    you can set ringtones for individuals, but not SMS/MMS/Email sounds. Those are global.
    ok let me get this straight i can set custom ringtones for individuals for phone calls but i cant for there texts or mms messages....i can only set a custom tone that would be the same for all messages received

PIN/ID
    n/a

Yeah, that's the only thing I don't like about the Blackberry. The only thing. The one and only thing that's unliked. Everything else outweighs that one thing of suckiness and still makes it the best device know to man!

As in "Human kind."

No gender intended in that comment.

PIN/ID
    n/a

Maybe eventually RIM will come up with an OS Upgrade someday with that option.

Or some genious will create an application.

Or something

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

There is a way but it takes quite a bit of setup. Not exactly sure how to go about it either.

danwestness no está en línea Stack level 2

You can set custom tones for SMS/MMS.... it is a little more complicated through...

1.) Create a custom PROFILE that has the SMS/MMS alert tones to the custom tone you wish to use (name the profile the same name as the contact to make things easier, let's say "Tom")

2.) Then create an exception under the advanced tab of the profiles screen that defines contact "Tom" to use profile "Tom"

now whenever tom sends you a text or calls you it will use the settings under the "Tom" Profile instead of the active one.... careful with this though... i'll give you an example of how this can be problematic:

Let's say you are in a meeting or the movies or something and you set your phone to vibrate... the new exception rule you created will override that and then if "Tom" calls it will still ring like normal unless you also disable the exception rule...

This override function does not apply to the "Off" profile however... so if you want to make sure that your phone does not go off and you don't want to go through the hassle of disabling and reenabling the exceptions, just use the "Off" profile instead of the "Vibrate" one