When I am on a wifi hotspot, where in the 8120 do I set my ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

pearly8100 no está en línea Stack level 2

custom network ID ?

Advertisement

When I am on a wifi hotspot, where in the 8120 do I set my network name so when I show up in the network it will display that name? Thanks

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    one of your options on the 8120 should be set-up wifi, but if you hid it, cant find it, etc, not to panic.! Go to setting>options>Wifi Conn>BB MEnu and hit new. As you go thru the setup it will give you the ooption to first search for and then name the connection. Hope this helps. . .feel free to pm me with any other Q:s
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

Hi THBASSMAN,
    So I did follow your steps, and I can name the network it seems. However, what I was looking for is naming my cell phone itself. For example, if you have a home computer network at home (wire or wireless) you can give a name to each computer, like "Ernie" and "Bert", and when you check the network for forwokgroup computers you will see ERNIE and BERT listed along with the description of these computers. Well, I found out that my phone logs in as BLACKBERRY-4LETTERHERE, or something like that, I just don't remember the 4 letters. But what I am saying is if I could change that to for example "PEARLYBB".
    Any thoughts? Thanks in advance

By the way, I AM able to give it a personal name at the Bluetooth settings, and when it connects it does show up with that custom name I entered. I wish I could do the same with the WiFi.