Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pearl users show me the light. Why should I switch from ATT Curve to Sprint ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

myberrysrblack no está en línea Stack level 3

Curve 8310 to Pearl 8130... Convince Me.

Advertisement

Pearl users show me the light. Why should I switch from ATT Curve to Sprint Pearl? Can I use Plazmic to create themes?!? I need somebody to make me a believer in terminating my service and going to a Pearl on another provider. I need spec differences to where I would benifit from gettin a Pearl. Also, does the Sprint Pearl have color LEDs and are the more programs available to the peral in general?!

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    you shouldnt. I had an 8700, then switched to the 8100. now Im back home with the 8300. once you use that full keyboard, you will not like the suretype thingamajig. JMO

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    I agree. I like my Curve better than my 8100 Pearl, but, isn't Sprint coming out with that hot new 8330 Curve?

Here's the link to the 8330 info:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...es_photos.html
    Last edited by pdxmatts; 04-14-2008 at 08:19 PM. Reason: added link

Yea, but who knows when. Since i work for Sprint i can get their employee plan. but I need a dope phone ASAP. Keyboard not too big of a concern, just more so the phone itself. the keyboard is actually not that bad, i play with it @ my job all the time its growing on me. but basically are then any advantages in switching?

Think I might get the Razr v9.

I'd def wait for the sprint BB, but i believe it's gonna be around 300 before a mail in rebate.. choices choices choices
    Last edited by myberrysrblack; 04-14-2008 at 08:53 PM.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    you're not gettin much love from the pearl users.lol

team_mom no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    I had an 8703 and tried the 8830 and didn't like it, so I went with Pearl and I love it. The keyboard is different but it will finish words for you. And I love the size. Good luck with your decision, but I will never go back to the full keyboard. Also, I wouldn't go with Sprint, I left them for Verizon and I don't regret it. Only 2 dropped calls in 3 years. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

mouser no está en línea Stack level 2
    i have been a longterm qwerty user. the pearl is my 4th blackberry and i LOVE it. i was super nervous to take the plunge, but my company switched from at&t to verizon and i had to give up my curve. it was either the world edition or the pearl. i almost went with the qwerty, but am so glad i didn't.
    i thought i would find it unbearable to lose all the quick keys (a for address book, l for calendar, etc. etc.). and not having grown up on text messaging, i knew suretype would be a challenge.

it still is, but i'm getting the hang of it and i would never go back to the curve.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Good luck getting the pearl to spell the right word. I can't tell you how many times I went to spell "can" and got "ask" and crud like that!
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

mouser no está en línea Stack level 2
    i have been a longterm qwerty user. the pearl is my 4th blackberry and i LOVE it. i was super nervous to take the plunge, but my company switched from at&t to verizon and i had to give up my curve. it was either the world edition or the pearl. i almost went with the qwerty, but am so glad i didn't.
    i thought i would find it unbearable to lose all the quick keys (a for address book, l for calendar, etc. etc.). and not having grown up on text messaging, i knew suretype would be a challenge.

it still is, but i'm getting the hang of it and i would never go back to the curve.

salbo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31884ae9
    If you are thinking about switching to sprint because they are starting to look pretty hot wait until they get the new 8330. Its HOT! I have the 8130 and I would much rather have a curve~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

gixxerjoe no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    I love the pearl. The one thing that drew me to it, is it looks like a phone. I don't have to carry around a brick. Now I am with us cellular and we are supposed to be getting the curve before too long. And I do think I will get it. Becouse the pearl has got me hooked on blackberry. But I do want a full key board and larger screen.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB
    Just get the 8330

brandon_hair no está en línea Stack level 2
    I went from an old-school bb to the pearl. It more or less depends on what you use more. Emails are tougher but for all around use, I like the pearl more.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Go with the new 8330.
    Last edited by pdxmatts; 04-15-2008 at 09:52 PM.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ but nobody can even confirm the Sprint release date. Not even I and I work FOR them... Could wait but wtf

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast