I have been wondering since I got my pearl what exactly are the limitations of ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bpwtx2 no está en línea Stack level 1

Curious questions about voice recognition on the pearl

Advertisement

I have been wondering since I got my pearl what exactly are the limitations of the voice recognition services? Are there any ways to modify the settings to include more than the default voice commands? For instance, it would be more convenient to press the voice command button and say "open phone book", or "open maps". It seems like the technology already exists on the pearl for these commands, are there any modifications yet for this? Or, have I already the option to do this? And through the browser it would be great to speak w w w ect. for a url.

Thanks

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: Curious questions about voice recognition on the pearl

I dont have an 8100 or I would mess with it and see what the capabilities are. I know for a fact N8 has one, and he is pretty good with it.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

bpwtx2, Welcome to PinStack.

I'm in the same boat, but maybe someone that has tried to push the limits of their pearl, like N8 will be along soon. Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

JeffreyC no está en línea Stack level 3

This is an old thread. Has anyone come up with anything on this yet?

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Quote Originally Posted by bpwtx2
    I have been wondering since I got my pearl what exactly are the limitations of the voice recognition services? Are there any ways to modify the settings to include more than the default voice commands? For instance, it would be more convenient to press the voice command button and say "open phone book", or "open maps". It seems like the technology already exists on the pearl for these commands, are there any modifications yet for this? Or, have I already the option to do this? And through the browser it would be great to speak w w w ect. for a url.

Thanks
    With the voice recognition software thats built in, all you can do is make a phone call and some little commends like battery life. If what you're talking about becomes possible then only using a 3rd party software that I believe is not out yet.

Hope this helps

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyC
    This is an old thread. Has anyone come up with anything on this yet?
    There is no options to alter those commands and probably the only way you are going to get those kind of controls through voice is Via a 3rd party program like NVC( Nuance Voice Control ).

With NVC you can Perform a search, compose emails, calendar appts, and lots more check them out: http://www.mobilevoicecontrol.com/Pearl_index.aspx

I appreciate the info. Anyone know of any free ota products that may rival this software?

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyC
    I appreciate the info. Anyone know of any free ota products that may rival this software?
    FREE? I dough!!!!! Maybe some BETA or something

Yea. I know...I'm cheap! Thanks anyway guys!

TheCow no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by dfc420
    There is no options to alter those commands and probably the only way you are going to get those kind of controls through voice is Via a 3rd party program like NVC( Nuance Voice Control ).

With NVC you can Perform a search, compose emails, calendar appts, and lots more check them out: http://www.mobilevoicecontrol.com/Pearl_index.aspx
    i mentioned this in another thread, but im really interested in this product, and i dont mind paying for it. but when i went to check out it said something about a repeating bill for $6 a month. like i said im willing to buy it but $6 a month will add up over time. does anyone know where it can be purchased for a flat one time fee or if im just reading the nuance website wrong?