I just got the plantronics 510 headset, and the range sucks. I know its not ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Varekai no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Cruddy Bluetooth Range

Advertisement

I just got the plantronics 510 headset, and the range sucks. I know its not the headset cause I used my friends headset and it was the same, and he used my headset on his Treo, and he was able to leave his phone in his truck and walk to his house without and static. If I have the headset on my ear and the phone in its holster ay my waist, theres a little bit of static. Its only crystal clear if I hold the phone no mre then a foot from the headset. Ive tested this in different area to make sure theres no electrical interferance. Any idea if there could be a problem with my pearl? Its supposed to have a 33 foot range on the bluetooth.

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Re: Cruddy Bluetooth Range

Its a problem with the Pearl, but its not something you can do anything about. (That I know of)

My last phone, I could BT with my headset and walk around within 15-20 feet of the phone no problem.

I get the same issue with my Pearl. If its in my pocket or has an obstructed "view" of the headset, it gets a weak signal and/or disconnects.

I have the Motorola HS850 headset.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

Varekai no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Man thats irritating. I have pretty sensetive hearing, so any little crack or crackle drives me nuts.

Haider no está en línea Stack level 3

Same problem here.....though the range and sound quality was worse with my Treo 650 and the the Jabra. I even switche dto the JX10 but noticed a marginal improvement! For the amount of money I have out on headsets BT should sing and dance too. Its disappointing to say the least....