my trackball wouldn't scroll up!! well it would scroll up but on the screen it ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

clippie2o9 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23EA0E9B

crisis averted

Advertisement

my trackball wouldn't scroll up!! well it would scroll up but on the screen it wouldn't go up, it would go down, left, and right but not up!! i got so scared, and then i remembered someone else had this problem too and to solve it they held down the trackball and scrolled which ever direction it wasn't working and it worked!! whew!!

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: crisis averted

All better now Clippie? Good to hear and thanks for pointing this out for everyone.

clippie2o9 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23EA0E9B

yes, all better, only 2 months old, and i take such good care of my phone... i hope this never happens again!

avante no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2405C4B1

Someone else just had the same problem and it sounds like they need to clean the trackball to get it running properly again. Glad your crisis was handled quick!

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53

It Also helps to cary it in a Case instead of a Pocket, less lint and stuff. Further I have resloved 80% of Pearl scrolling issues with caned air, Holding the ball in and blowing and then releasing it and blowing while circling around the ball while pushing it and realsing it. Every once in a while it is a software issue, but this is far less likley.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

I am sure it will happen again. It gets covered in finger grease and oils. Just like the old computer mouse with a ball that gets dirty and doesn't track very well. Just remember to do this again and you should be fine. Mine is only 3 weeks old and I've had to do this twice already. (and I use the case as well)
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.