long time reader, first time poster. i have had my pearl for about 6 months ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

captxmas no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E19E57

Smile CRAPberry... please help...

Advertisement

long time reader, first time poster.
    i have had my pearl for about 6 months now and after so long all the problems have just finally drove me to the end. aside from my rants on t-mobile itself i am very dissatisfied with the pearl, it seems cheaply made--though it may look nice. my battery cover never stayed on, now after a small from from my night stand the latches on the back have broken off. where can i procure a replacement anyone?
    the most annoying problem that keeps reoccuring is the freezing, i can be doing anything at all (sms, mms, or even taking a simple call) and my pearl just spins that infuriating hourglass at me until i am forced to pull the battery. i am aware thus far that a weekly battery pull is in order but once an hour is excessive.
    please can anyone help me?
    thanks!!!

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: CRAPberry... please help...

What version is your OS? Go to Options>About and tell us

If its 4.2.0.42 thats the original OS and it has alot of bugs there has been alot of Updates since then.

I have tried all the OS's after that and none of them are that bad.

RIM has a One year warranty might want to look into that, unless you have damaged it yourself.

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Why dont u get a replacement. 8100 phone is not like what u have, it seems like u've been dealing with continues problems with the phone, so I think the best thing to do is call TMO and get a free replacment since u only had it for 6months.

PIN/ID
    23E19E57

Quote Originally Posted by dfc420
    What version is your OS? Go to Options>About and tell us

If its 4.2.0.42 thats the original OS and it has alot of bugs there has been alot of Updates since then.

I have tried all the OS's after that and none of them are that bad.

RIM has a One year warranty might want to look into that, unless you have damaged it yourself.
    i have the origional OS version 4.2.0.42 but it is becasue i have a Mac so the update was almost more troubl than it was worth but now i may reconsider...

i am going to contact RIM on this--i was definetaly expecting a much better phone than i got as far as the BBerry reputation goes but who knows maybe i got a lemon?

Jacisipmac no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e9128a

welcome, ive had my pearl for a while and ive never had any problems with the back staying on, and mine is rock solid, it feels just as well made as any other cell phone ive owned. as for it freezing, once an hour is definitely excessive. ive only been forced into a battery pull twice, and once was right after i upgraded the os so thats to be expected. it could have to do with some of the apps you have installed, or the number of programs that are running, i would try upgrading to the newest os, if you havent already and make sure you keep your running programs to a minimum... if problems persist then i would take it to t-mo, it should be under warranty.

the new os can be found here...

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...E4F82F9F00E7D4

Jacisipmac no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e9128a

haha whoops, i took too long typing, those other posts werent there when i started

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by captxmas
    i have the origional OS version 4.2.0.42 but it is becasue i have a Mac so the update was almost more troubl than it was worth but now i may reconsider...

i am going to contact RIM on this--i was definetaly expecting a much better phone than i got as far as the BBerry reputation goes but who knows maybe i got a lemon?
    Yes the Update is definetely worth it the original OS (.42) is crap and hourglass is frequent.

Since the OS on your BB is the original this means you have one of the original phones...which some did have quality problems. IMO you got a lemon.

I had two Black pearl's one from the initial launch and one later the second was alot better quality and the white one is even better.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

yea you got a lemon. Update the OS and you should be just fine. Had mine since Dec. 2006 and love it to death. No problems at all with it. Other than the ones i cause to it. LOL. Too much tinkering isn't a good thing.

PIN/ID
    23E19E57

thanks everyone for the help. i am going to find a friendly PC try the update and see how it goes. however, if i find any problems at all i am going to call t-mobile and get a new phone from them.
    thanks again.