Dont know if this is the right section but feel free to move it mods ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Skip01 no está en línea Stack level 1

Couple quick questions?

Advertisement

Dont know if this is the right section but feel free to move it mods but here are the questions. Just got this 8100 like 3 days ago and still learning a few things

1. Can you set ringtones for each contact in text messaging? It works for their ringer but only one text msg tone, anyway to do this?

2. Can you incorporate iTap texting where it finishes ur word for you?

3. Can you set it to make the screen alert when u get a new text message or must it be clicked on each time?

4. Can u set a screensaver that shows time at least when just sitting there?

I think thats all i have for now....im sure ill have more later haha...other than that i love the new phone, besides not being able to turn the volume down on the side like normal...but i like it so far

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Couple quick questions?

1, no sorry

2. Suretype is what RIM calls it. It's already incorporated.

3. The LED should flash red when you get new messages

4. Sorry no screensavers

Welcome to the stacks Skip!

McLovin no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

1. You can if you want to create a New Profile for each individual contact... then create an exception and have it so the contact uses "new profile" instead of Active profile

Thanks for the replies.

I think i have the Suretype enabled but its not like iTap.

I still have to type the entire word out...iTap would guesstimate what world i wanted to spell than come up with options and id only have to push up to finish the word i seen it guessed?

Anything like that?

Thanks again

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27

unfortunately not...sure type is great and you'll get used to it really quickly...i used to be a very anti-suretype person...but now that i have a pearl i love suretype...although those new curves are looking pretty sexy with their full qwertys...oh sorta off subject but for anyone wanting to get the new curve and you have a pearl...it's worth $100-$150 off to switch to the curve...hooray early christmas for me with H@H

Yogich no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Welcome to the stacks, Skip, and let me assure you that there is a way to change the volume. Little buttons on the top, right. That works for phone calls, as well as the on board media player.

Yehhh thanks for the info...im slightly better used to the suretype its not bad

And the volume thing i wanted for the ringer...it takes to long to swap profiles when i have to go in the bosses office...cant have the "hip-hop" music coming out my phone while hes talking...ha

Thanks again...i really like it so far

BombaMyte no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    240B992D

You can always set up your favorite profile the way you want (Loud, Normal, etc.), and when you're in a situation where you don't want the phone playing "Soulja Boy" (like your boss' office), just hold down the # key and the Pearl will go to Vibrate. Hold it down again to go back to your original profile.

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Yup. # key is your friend in the office...
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

BombaMyte no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    240B992D

Not in my office, IMO. I like watching customers' faces when they see my trackball doing the disco light thing to the beat of "Can't Tell Me Nothing". Then again, my "office" is in the mall. That, along with my Jawbone on my ear, and you get a lot of inspired questions...