i have prepaid for rogers and i was wondering if there is any applications where ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

magaleng no está en línea Stack level 1

couple of questions!!

Advertisement

i have prepaid for rogers and i was wondering if there is any applications where i can sms for free!! cause i used to have it when i had my old phone but now is there any application where i can do that?

another question is how can i go to my msn on mobile??? since im in prepaid i have to pay 5 cents per page so it possible to not pay for any????

another question is there any site where i can download a .jar to alx file?????

and another question is there any web browsers where i can go to the internet but dont have to pay??????

kolosus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    315677A8

Re: couple of questions!!

Quote Originally Posted by magaleng View Post
    i have prepaid for rogers and i was wondering if there is any applications where i can sms for free!! cause i used to have it when i had my old phone but now is there any application where i can do that?

another question is how can i go to my msn on mobile??? since im in prepaid i have to pay 5 cents per page so it possible to not pay for any????

another question is there any site where i can download a .jar to alx file?????

and another question is there any web browsers where i can go to the internet but dont have to pay??????
    Not sure what you mean by SMS for free... but as far as I know you have to pay per use... Unless you use AOL to SMS phone #s. Maybe you can clue us in as to how you could SMS for free before.

As for the jar to alx... You dont need that. Download it (the jar not the jad) to your computer. Transfer it to your phone (either internal memory or media card). Disconnect from the computer. Go to your media. Hit the menu button. Select to explore. Find the jar file (should be where you put it! ) Select it and press down on the trackball. It'll install the program. Dont need to use OTA.

Read up on this to make backups if you need, or you can always save the jar file and use it again.
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...m_your_bb.html

Why do you need backups? Because you'll reinstall the OS on the phone a few times, and you'll kill the phone a few times and what not. Helps if you have everything backed up... Sometimes it gets a little hard to find everything over again. What? You will never reinstall the OS? That means that you aren't using the phone enough!

As for free internet... You can download Opera Mini and it probably holds more info per page than a regular browser...
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...pera_mini.html

But if you use it, it'll use data and there is no way getting around paying for it. Watch what you download. Here State side we have to pay per kb. Paying per page is a new one to me and not sure how that'll pan out. I'm sure someone with more experience in this particular line will be along shortly and clue you into how this works or how to squeeze more out of the deal... or to tell you that it's not possible.

Hope that helps. Good luck. BTW. If you find out how to get data to your phone without paying for it please take the time to clue us in on the secret! That's the holy grail!