My first noob question is when using jive talk do IMs count as text messages ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

TurboSe7en no está en línea Stack level 1

couple of questions...

Advertisement

My first noob question is when using jive talk do IMs count as text messages or as internet data? Also, when I get a bluetooth GPS receiver can I still use my Bluetooth headset at the same time on my pearl?

Kortanis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA980E

Re: couple of questions...

Jivetalk uses Data only. Yay!!

Not sure on the bluetooth, never tried it before... I thought you could do multiple connections with bluetooth devices in general though.

JustinHerrera no está en línea Stack level 3

You should be able to use the both of them. When you set up the Bluetooth device you'll see that you can have more than one on there.

Naylor07 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241ECE99

Yeah, you can have multiple bluetooth devices connected at once.

But I have never tried. So who knows
    Last edited by Naylor07; 06-22-2007 at 05:09 PM.

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

I believe you can. Just not 2 headsets at the same time. As long as there completely different devices like a gps receiver and headset you should be fine.
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

You should be able to connect a data connection and a voice connection through bluetooth at the same time. They run through different pathways so theoretically they should work and not interfere with each other. I have been able to receive and transmit pictures to other phones while connected with my headset on my 8700 and Treo 650.

Zo

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I tested this and the short answer is yes you can have both together. The longer answer is that there is a proper sequence to it. I forget the order but you had to always pair/connect one of the units before the other. Ie you had to connect the headset before the GPS reciever or the GPS reciever wouldn't connect. If the headset was far away from the Blackberry for a period of time and needed to be recoonected but the GPS was still connected you had to disconnect the GPS, and then connect the headset, and then reconnect the GPS. Or the other way around - its been a while.

TurboSe7en no está en línea Stack level 1

thanks for the replies

Daiikun no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242A31A6

I have both my GPS and my headset running and it works fine. I haven't found any particular sequence you have to go through, but it works fine.

The only issue is that if you're on the phone and you're using telenav (which I am), the vocal directions will come through the headset as well so it could interrupt your conversation with whoever you're on the phone with. Other than that, there's no issue.