Number one...I just got my pearl today and I have a minor but annoying problem. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bb8100pearl no está en línea Stack level 1

Couple of questions...

Advertisement

Number one...I just got my pearl today and I have a minor but annoying problem. When I have my hand wrapped around the phone and I press down on the trackball...the back cover kind of "collapses." Not like major, but I can feel the cover push in towards the battery! Anyone else have this issue?

Number two...why does my LED blinking light only blink green even if I have a missed call? Is there a way to change this? I read through and saw something about going to edit the profile and changing from there but the only setting I had in there was to have the LED flashing on or off, but not to change the color.

Please help!!

charm500 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Couple of questions...

1.) The back cover on my BB is kind of pliable, but it's never been a problem, if yours bends too much, you might want to exchange it, but I do know that the back cover does bend a little, so it's up to you.

2.) I don't believe the LED light flashes red with a missed call. It's set automatically to flash Green in a wireless coverage area, Blue when you're connected to Bluetooth, Red when you have a new message, and Amber when the battery's low. You can turn this on or off, but I don't believe you can make it flash a certain color for a missed call.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Welcome to pinstack bb8100, let us know if you have any other questions.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Welcome to the Stacks BB8100pearl.

likefre no está en línea Stack level 4

welcome bb8100pearl!

bbriand no está en línea Stack level 3

In response to question 1 my battery cover has a square piece of thin foam directly opposite to the track ball. The cover moves a barely noticeable amount when the trackball is depressed. Does your battery cover have this?

If not dollar stores usually sell sheets of foam that have 1 sticky side (in a variety of colors). I'd suggest buying a piece, cutting a small square of it to fit on the back cover and stick it directly underneath the trackball (either to the cover or to the battery).

Bill

avante no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2405C4B1

My battery cover depresses a little bit when pushing the trackball but not enough for me to get worried about. I hear if you get the siedco battery cover that fixes itself. Anyone know for sure?

quickberry no está en línea Stack level 1

I noticed the same thing. It's never been a problem though.