Hi I have had my pearl for about 2 or 3 weeks i guess, learning ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

moas no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E7157D

Question Couple of Questions

Advertisement

Hi I have had my pearl for about 2 or 3 weeks i guess, learning new things everyday. But i have a few questions hopefully some of you may be able top answer, first of all at first i started putting in a bunch of new ringtones and assigning certain contacts their own ringtone. Now i dont want that, i just want one ringtone for everyone, but i see that the people i assigned personal ringtones still have the ringtone there, i have unchecked the box that plays the personal ringtone, but I am wondering wether i can delete them having there own ringtone thinking that maybe its taking up some memory? And when i delete a ringtone or theme from my phone, is it also deleted from the memory? Can i only *** music and videos to the phone after installing a SD card, because i do not see an option for them in the desktop media manager? And i stupidly did not backup my blackberry as soon as i got it, before putting stuff on it, so if i ever decided to is there a way to return the blackberry to the state it was right out of the box? And if im using a theme like the Dimesion Icon if i choose to hide and icon how can I reverse it to then show the icon ive hidden?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: Couple of Questions

Quote Originally Posted by moas
    Hi I have had my pearl for about 2 or 3 weeks i guess, learning new things everyday. But i have a few questions hopefully some of you may be able top answer, first of all at first i started putting in a bunch of new ringtones and assigning certain contacts their own ringtone. Now i dont want that, i just want one ringtone for everyone, but i see that the people i assigned personal ringtones still have the ringtone there, i have unchecked the box that plays the personal ringtone, but I am wondering wether i can delete them having there own ringtone thinking that maybe its taking up some memory? And when i delete a ringtone or theme from my phone, is it also deleted from the memory? Can i only *** music and videos to the phone after installing a SD card, because i do not see an option for them in the desktop media manager? And i stupidly did not backup my blackberry as soon as i got it, before putting stuff on it, so if i ever decided to is there a way to return the blackberry to the state it was right out of the box? And if im using a theme like the Dimesion Icon if i choose to hide and icon how can I reverse it to then show the icon ive hidden?
    ringtones: i can't find out how to fix this, permanently...will figure this one out
    sd card: yes, the device memory is limited. so for larger files, such as jpg and mp3 (whole songs) and video download, you will need the sd card. i only purchased a 1g and it holds a lot!
    unhiding: click alt key>trackball>show all (little menu in top right hand corner) after unhiding, you will have to go back and hide the ones you had hidden
    handheld system: you can do a wipe to get it back to factory settings.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Hi moas,
    Looks as tho cherrichiodo gave you some things to ponder meanwhile while you are here i wanted to say welcome to Pinstack and hope you enjoy all it has to offer for your Pearl.

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

welcome to pinstack. let us know how everything goes

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Welcome to Pinstack! Cherri looks to have gotten you all set. One thing to consider with the ringtone issue.when you delete the ringtone it won't completely delete it from memory. you have to do a battery pull. Give that a try. Go to options, status and you will see how much memory you have free. Then pull the battery, reinsert, and yet again. Should help with memory.

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Welcome to Pinstack!