Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by I7oobie ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ On the pearl, using it as a modem, ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

simplexity no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask ;-)

Re: Couple of 8100 questions....

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by I7oobie
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    On the pearl, using it as a modem, I get about 15.5 kbps
    The 19.99 BIS plan from T-Mobile has 300 messages included, the unlimited is of course unlimited...
    300 messages included? I was told yesterday that the BB umlimited add on did not include text, that they needed to be added separate. Is there something special I need to ask for?
    ..::simpLexity::..

mrdeeno no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by simplexity
    300 messages included? I was told yesterday that the BB umlimited add on did not include text, that they needed to be added separate. Is there something special I need to ask for?
    yeah, the special is $4.99 for 400 anykind of message package.

You are correct, the add-on plans do not include text messages...the standalone plans do.

ocanyc no está en línea Stack level 4

Quote Originally Posted by mrdeeno
    I paid for the hotmail so I can get them pushed...it's a small price to pay and i awsn't up and running with gmail yet. But eventually i will phase out my hotmail address.

As for web browsing...if you don't expect too much, you won't be in much of a shock.

you really can't compare web browsing between a 17"+ screen that's wider than it is high, with the BB's 2.5" (?) screen that's higher than it is wide. It's not bad for quickly looking up stuff, let's say you're bored at the airport or in the car and want to find a restaurant or a quick fact check or something. I've actually used googlemaps on it a couple times on it while walking in NYC to make sure I don't get lost in the ghetto, and its small but works ok.

but compared to a laptop/computer, ANY general web browsing on a handheld phone device will suck.
    But any email address, especially gmail would be pushed huh. As long as you set them up through your tmobile site.

I understand the screen being smaller, but as long as the pages look similar in format, and not just a page that looks like text. Googlemaps sounds like something I'd use, especially if you can plug in directions.

mygti02 no está en línea Stack level 1

how do i go about setting up my 8100 as a modem?

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Quote Originally Posted by ocanyc
    But any email address, especially gmail would be pushed huh. As long as you set them up through your tmobile site.

I understand the screen being smaller, but as long as the pages look similar in format, and not just a page that looks like text. Googlemaps sounds like something I'd use, especially if you can plug in directions.
    Yes, gmail will be pushed, and so will some other email carriers for free...Hotmail and one other one want you to sign up for the "premium" service for this capability.

As for browsing, it will not be full of text/html. It will display images and even backgrouds if you have it set to do so. The only thing that shows up text/html code is when you get email pushed that is in html format. And if there's a lot of html on the email, you'll have to scroll through and and search for the actual message, which isn't a big deal most of the time, just a waste of space.

Like I said, it's not bad for web browsing, just not preferred over a regular sized laptop/computer.

ericugs no está en línea Stack level 3

Just clearing it up

hotmail charges a ONE-TIME fee of 19.99$usd+(Local tax where applicable)

~Eric

Quote Originally Posted by ericugs
    Just clearing it up

hotmail charges a ONE-TIME fee of 19.99$usd+(Local tax where applicable)

~Eric
    That's actually a one-time PER YEAR fee of $19.99.

it's for subscription to their "premium" hotmail which includes the ability to register the email account with BB.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12