Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1. - Coverage with just the data plan. Is it nationwide? 2. - Can I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ocanyc no está en línea Stack level 4

Couple of 8100 questions....

Advertisement

1. - Coverage with just the data plan. Is it nationwide?

2. - Can I still use the 8100 as a modem with just the data plan?

Thx

williamlc21 no está en línea Stack Lead

Re: Couple of 8100 questions....

Yes and yes. As long as you have an edge connection.
    "I'm the best there is. And even if you beat me, I'm still the best." -Fast Eddie Felson(The Hustler)

Thanks, that was quick hehe. I like this forum. I'm still a lil confused in the way Tmobile handles the text messaging seperate from the data plan but I believe alot of people are. I guess theres a few IM apps I could use to bypass the text charges.

Im sure that you could manage to work around those charges with the proper apps. Plus, depending on the plan you chose, some come with 300 or unlimited sms.
    "I'm the best there is. And even if you beat me, I'm still the best." -Fast Eddie Felson(The Hustler)

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    On the pearl, using it as a modem, I get about 15.5 kbps
    The 19.99 BIS plan from T-Mobile has 300 messages included, the unlimited is of course unlimited...

rudolph sche no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23df36e3

Quote Originally Posted by ocanyc
    1. - Coverage with just the data plan. Is it nationwide?

2. - Can I still use the 8100 as a modem with just the data plan?

Thx
    I had the same questions, thanks for the info!

Hey, dont thank me thank the helpful posters that replied .
    I'm specifically thinking of going with the 29.99 data plan. Not sure how many users here have good experience with it. No, not planning on using this as a phone yet. Is this a good tmobile data plan?

This plan features:
    Whenever minutes None
    Weekend minutes None
    Weeknight minutes None
    myFaves minutes N/A
    Mobile to mobile minutes None
    Shared minutes None
    Additional minutes $.20 per minute
    Data transfer Unlimited
    Included Text Messages 300 per month
    My E-mail Unlimited
    Corporate My E-mail None
    HotSpot None

That is the basib blackberry only plan. Be aware that you can choose voice barred or voice pay as you go(which you have above).

hypnotiq510 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DF1A95

Quote Originally Posted by I7oobie
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    On the pearl, using it as a modem, I get about 15.5 kbps
    The 19.99 BIS plan from T-Mobile has 300 messages included, the unlimited is of course unlimited...
    The Blackberry Unlimited Add-On has 300 text messages??? So if I have the 400 text message package, then should I have 700 text messages??

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

ocanyc, Welcome to PinStack.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Thanks alot. I actually do have some more questions. I'll go as they come to me. Another major one is how does the setting up of Gmail,Yahoo,AoL, and Hotmail work on the 8100? I mean, if you have a basic email address under those carriers, are they all able to work with your bb. And does this bb have the push button feature? Not too sure how that works, but do you get alerted when you have a new email? TIA

mrdeeno no está en línea Stack level 3

I don't think the "add-on" plans include text messaging.

Try it...go to the t-mobile site, select a blackberry device and add it to your cart, then select a regular voice only plan and add it to your cart, then it will bring you to the "add-on" plans page. None of the plans have text messaging, but there are options for the messaging packages just below the blackberry plans.

The $29.99 BIS plan with 300 text messages isn't an "add-on" plan.

Thanks alot. I actually do have some more questions. I'll go as they come to me. Another major one is how does the setting up of Gmail,Yahoo,AoL, and Hotmail work on the 8100? I mean, if you have a basic email address under those carriers, are they all able to work with your bb. And does this bb have the push button feature? Not too sure how that works, but do you get alerted when you have a new email? TIA
    The t-mobile 8100 doesn't have push button talk, if that's what you're asking. I hear the soon-to-be-released Cingular 8100 will though.

As for emails, Hotmail will only work if you sign up for the pay service ($19.99 per year or something?). Gmail works fine. Aol and Yahoo I don't know.

You can have up to 10 accounts total forwarded to the BB.

Setup is very easy. Log into the blackberry account online, follow the links for setting up email and enter the email information and you're golden.

and with hotmail and gmail (the 2 i have), email notification is very quick, not quite, but almost instantaneous (with my 7130c on Cingular, anyway...don't see why T-mobile would be different consiering it all comes from the blackberry servers anyway). You get a message indicator/alarm, depending on what ringtone/profile you have set up.

Oh, hotmail wants to charge that much. Forget them. As long as they can get pushed to the BB and alerted, then thats pretty much all I was looking for.
    Oh, and web browsing. How much different is it than using say firefox on a laptop. Will I be in shock at the size difference, or layout? Or is it pretty much the same.

Oh, hotmail wants to charge that much. Forget them. As long as they can get pushed to the BB and alerted, then thats pretty much all I was looking for.
    Oh, and web browsing. How much different is it than using say firefox on a laptop. Will I be in shock at the size difference, or layout? Or is it pretty much the same.
    I paid for the hotmail so I can get them pushed...it's a small price to pay and i awsn't up and running with gmail yet. But eventually i will phase out my hotmail address.

As for web browsing...if you don't expect too much, you won't be in much of a shock.

you really can't compare web browsing between a 17"+ screen that's wider than it is high, with the BB's 2.5" (?) screen that's higher than it is wide. It's not bad for quickly looking up stuff, let's say you're bored at the airport or in the car and want to find a restaurant or a quick fact check or something. I've actually used googlemaps on it a couple times on it while walking in NYC to make sure I don't get lost in the ghetto, and its small but works ok.

but compared to a laptop/computer, ANY general web browsing on a handheld phone device will suck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast