When setting notification profiles, there are options for "in-holster" and "out-of-holster". How does the BB ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

WordMan no está en línea Stack level 1

Couple dumb questions

Advertisement

When setting notification profiles, there are options for "in-holster" and "out-of-holster". How does the BB know? Sensor near camera lens?

Using the attachment viewer: I get lots of .pdf docs and such. A full page doc is unreadable at 1:1, I zoom, and can scroll around the doc, but the text is pixelated so that it is still unreadable. I enhance, and can read just fine, but I lose scrollability. It is painfully tedious to zoom, enhance, read 1/2 sentence, click back, scroll right, enhance, read 2nd 1/2 sentence, wash/repeat. Is there an easier way (read faster)?

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

Re: Couple dumb questions

The OEM BB have a magnet that shuts down thetrackball. Thats how it knows its in holster/case. As far as pdfs what os are you using, I can view mine fine. Have you upgd'd to the newest software yet??

jestar15 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    400DD044

There is a magnet in the clip/holster that tells the BB when it's holstered or not.

Not really sure if there is a better option for viewing your .pfs.

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

yes the BB has magnets in it to help put it to "sleep" and conserve battery, hence there are specific holsters designed for each model of BB.

there is an app called Beamberry I used to use to view pdf's. search the forums here and you'll find a link, but you should be able to view them fine without any 3rd party app.

WordMan no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for the holster tip. I don't have the OEM clip/case, so I will never need the "in holster" settings.

I had the missing Icon bug from using corrupt desktop manager disc (the first time), so I DL'd and installed whatever the latest and greatest was (last Wednesday). My BB says V4.2.1.96 (platform 2.3.0.78).

Will look for beamberry. Does this work with BES?

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

i do not know much about BES, but i would assume if you got the IT dept to let you have it it would work.