Although I've not knowingly changed any settings, for the last week my Pearl has been ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

a000op no está en línea Stack level 1

country code (+xx) added to all texts

Advertisement

Although I've not knowingly changed any settings, for the last week my Pearl has been adding +44 (I'm in the UK) to the numbers of any texts I get.Although I can change every entry in my address book to be +44 (which was O2's helpful advice) this means calls from people in my address book are not recognised - it just lists the number.This is driving me crazy so if anyone can help I would be very grateful!!Thanks.

russcrypto no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

Re: country code (+xx) added to all texts

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Have you tried changing the "Smart Dialing" options? Just open the phone app (push green talk button), then push the menu button. Scroll down to options>smart dialing. The top three options can be changed to reflect country code, area code; etc...

I'm not sure if this will solve your problem, but it's a lot easier than editing your entire address book.

Good luck with this.

gazar no está en línea Stack level 5

I am on o2 UK, I have country code set for +44 and additional character length set at 10.

This saves you putting the prefix on individual contacts and will also give caller info when you travel overseas

a000op no está en línea Stack level 1

Brilliant... got it solved!

I'm still dubious why this suddenly happened after using my Pearl for 2 months without any problems.

Anyway, thanks a million!!