Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Either way it still gonna act up from time to time.... BlackBerry Pearl forum

HEY MANG no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    25871AF3

Re: The Correct way to Install New OS: 4.2.1.101 (How to Install+Steps+New Features)

Advertisement

Either way it still gonna act up from time to time.

retrozion no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: The Correct way to Install New OS: 4.2.1.101 (How to Install+Steps+New Features)

Now connect you BB Pearl to the desktop Manager and it will show you a message ( An Update Is Recommended for your phone). This messge will only come after you delete the vendor.xml file

This didnt happen, i made sure i deleted the vendor file but i didnt get this message.. should i restart my computer?

Well now i restarted my computer and there wasnt any progress. Im scared to go to the next step ...

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

where are you in the process retrozion?

yes i got it working ...thanks

dgy2k1 no está en línea Stack level 3

Thanks for the write up. It's clear and to the point. Some of us need "OS for Dummies"

Jaspreet no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E77069

ha ha ha dgy2k1...you are cool man.....you always need something for dummies..like you requested befor Blackberry for Dummies...cool...i had read it another thread...but you are a genrous reader of Dummies book..i thnk..lolz

ogmarvel no está en línea Stack level 1

well detailed! i'm gonna try this tomorrow after i backup all my info on my phone!
    WOOT! wish me luck!

Lowrider no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Quote Originally Posted by Jaspreet
    THIS IS FOR YOU LOWRIDER

its your wish to upgrade the desktop manger...you can upgrade it to 4.2 sp1 as it is a stable release or go with the bundled Desktop manager 4.2 that is shipped with your blackberry..i updated using desktop manager 4.2 the one bundled with my phone
    No, not my wish. What I ask is:
    If u upgrade the OS, do u have to upgrade the DM? tia

DM works fine, it's the one that came w/ my pearl. thx
    -----------------------------------
    Thx a lot!
    Low
    OSU Buckeye's # 1

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by Lowrider
    No, not my wish. What I ask is:
    If u upgrade the OS, do u have to upgrade the DM? tia

DM works fine, it's the one that came w/ my pearl. thx
    You don't need to, but it's just a good idea to. It will save some headaches in the future. It's always a good idea to keep up to date on software. It will ensure that compatibility issues won't come up. Just my .02

Jaspreet no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E77069

As Reddog has said...he's right and more experienced than me......go with his advice....after all being updated does not create any problems

Okay.. i updated the os correctly (i think) but i didnt see a big change in it though. The calculator, and the my faves icons, changed but besides that i didnt have any big changes. On my pearl it says that im running on .101 os, however i am a little concern because my computer completely shut off when it was updating the last step. My computer was connected to its power source and i didnt move anything so i just thought that this was normal when updating the os. So the question is..will this cause any problems in the long run? Also for some reason i cant seem to reset the multi tap because i really dont like sure type. can someone help me?

kidwell61 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2174C23C

I have experienced one flaw that I didn't on .71. When using BB messenger and having multiple conversations open it sometimes puts one persons reply under someone else and when you reply back you end up sending it to the wrong person. You have to be real careful trust me. Anyway just wondered if anyone else noticed this problem or if it was just me so far.

raje311 no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi..
    I found OS ver 4.2.2.14 ..on blackberry.com
    which one is latest?

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

raje can you post a link to what you are referring to? That doesn't sound like a version any of use are familiar with.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast