i can't copy address book numbers to my sim card. i followed the directions but ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jkois no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204C0FE6

copy to sim card

Advertisement

i can't copy address book numbers to my sim card. i followed the directions but i don't have the "copy to sim phonebook" option when i press the menu key. 8100 pearl with 4.2.1.107.
    any ideas??

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    You have to go into the contact and highlight a specific number, then press menu and copy to SIM.

Virex no está en línea Banned for Content theft
    PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    although i dont use SIM, you would think there would be a faster faster to transfer to the card, like a mass send.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I guess RIM took it for granted that your numbers would all be on the SIM card. There is a provision for mass transfer of the SIM numbers to address but there doesn't seem to be one to mass transfer from the address book to the SIM, strange.

PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    yea weird huh, its one of those things that just isnt perfect

Basically, every time I add a new number to my phone book, I also add it to my sim card. It takes an extra 3 seconds, but it's another back up. It also saves the headache when you need to transfer ALL of your contacts to your sim card.

PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    yea but isnt it true if you have a contact and say you add a home number, a mobile number and work number that the sim card will make 3 separate contacts instead of one contact with 3 numbers?

Yes it will. That's why I used to save a number for EACH of those, for example I would have
    1. Bob Mobile
    2. Bob Home
    3. Bob Work

and so on. Only recently have I started to save them all under one name (mabye for a few months now) but you can just add a little extension when you're saving it into the sim.

For instance, if it's a cell number, type an M (for mobile) at the end of the contact name when you save to the sim.

PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    yea they need to fix that seems impractical

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7
    Rim designed the phone to sync with outlook via the desktop manager or BES connection. Saving to the sim would be nice for those that do not have a PC or switch phones often but one of the advantages of syncing to a pc is what happens if the phone is stolen , lost , or obliterated? If it is sync'd rather then saved to the sim you will be ok.

^Eddie
    Yes, that's exactly why I starting using Outlook. It's too valuable NOT to use. And also, the sim has a 200 something number limit, so it might also be a smart idea to only save your most important numbers on there, just in case your phone breaks and you have to switch to a "dumb" phone for a while.

Then again, some people have 1,000+ "important" numbers. :P

PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    just in case your phone breaks and you have to switch to a "dumb" phone for a while.
    lol oh the dreaded dumb phone days