Here is a copy of the email I sent to bbsuggestions@rim.com When I talked to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

AKT6168 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24822CEB

Thumbs up Copy of an email I sent to RIM "Suggested future Firmware features"

Advertisement

Here is a copy of the email I sent to bbsuggestions@rim.com When I talked to a RIM tech support person on the phone the other day he told me to send requests to this address. I hope the guys who get the email don't think I was being too sarcastic.

Hello,

I have a future 8100 Pearl firmware suggestion.

1) It seems silly to have a keyboard lock but even with the lock activated you can still hold down the power button and the phone turns off. That's a great feature to have when it is in my pocket and the power button gets held down accidentally and the phone turns off and now I can’t get a phone call from the hospital telling me I am scheduled for emergency open heart surgery on a dying patient.

2) Why take out the ability to turn off the automatic backlight dimming. I am a big boy, I can handle the fact that I may loose some battery time. Put that back in as a feature.

3) Do you ever plan to have your email client read HTML formatted mail? Pretty much every piece of email I get is in HTML format. I like reading email on my BlackBerry but it is rather annoying to read it in a 1995 plain text format. Last time I checked it was almost 2007 and HTML formatted mail has existed for along time now.

4) Maybe I am going deaf in my old age but I swear RIM purposely made the 8100 Pearl so no matter how loud you turn up the ringer on the phone it is still not loud enough. I have mobile phones from 10 years ago that have a louder and better ring than the 8100 Pearl.

Don’t take my email as bashing your product. I could not live without my BlackBerry Pearl. I just think there is room for improvement.

Thanks for listening,
    Tony
    "I can resist anything but temptation."

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ASK

Re: Copy of an email I sent to RIM "Suggested future Firmware features"

If I had a pearl (man I wish) I would agree.
    it's always greener with the other carrier...

east high no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Do you think the low ring volume is related to the no sound bug that's going around? This needs to be fixed ASAP.

MickPick no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E890D7

My Ringer is rather loud, even the media player plays music loud.

rkkeller no está en línea Stack level 3

I agree with some of the wants in the first message but felt it could have been said and maybe would be taken more seriously without the sarcasm. If I was the person receiving it , I would have crumbled it and tossed it when I got to the "emergency open heart surgery on a dying patient."

I dont agree about the sound volume. It must be you as mine is maybe up only half way or a little more and I am always turing it down. Sure in busy places, driving with the windows down and the like I turn it way up.

reemobeens19 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    na

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I have also been wondering if there will be a "bug fix" for the low volume levels of the ringer and media player. I'm a surveyor so often time enough I would like my music on the go but w extra background noise I litteraly can't hear it at all. Seems pointless to play music you can't hear. Been looking/hoping for an app similar to winamp for BB to play media. Something that has the ability to play streaming media with an equalizer and amp feature.

reemobeens19 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    na

~via BBh (wap.pinstack.com)~oh yes one thing I have seen is to drill small holes in the battery cover 2 or 3 above and 2 or 3 below the blackberry logo. This is supposed to increase volume levels and decrease distortion. I have tried this out by taking the cover off and playing with it for a while. I personally would rather wait to see if this issue is covered in a future update. Some say it is loud enough by far and others say its not. Could it be a difference in os version?