I tried to copy a 2.1MB avi file using the destop manager media manager to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

wols no está en línea Stack level 1

Copy avi file to device memory?

Advertisement

I tried to copy a 2.1MB avi file using the destop manager media manager to device memory. I created a new video folder to put the file. The windows copying message box pops up but the progress is really slow and eventually I get this error message:

An error occurred transferring 'File Name' to the BlackBerry device. An error occurred while communicating with the BlckBerry device. (Unknown).

Anybody getting this? Can I copy videos only to the micro SD card and not to device memory even though the file size is under the limit?

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Copy avi file to device memory?

Yes you can just go into "my computer" on your pc open the removable drive then put it into the correct folder or create a new video folder

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

Using the desktop manager doesn't work, just drop and drag it to the video folder...
    Black G1 w/Root
    JesusFreke's Moddified RC30 v1.3
    Auto-rotate Enabled
    Auto-rotate Browser Enabled
    Manup's Blue Star 5 Theme

hypnotiq510 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DF1A95

From my experience yes you can transfer .avi files to your device memory. I even uploaded them using the Desktop Manager. The only problem is that I can only transfer them to my Ringtones folder or my Pictures folder.

I suggest using the method mentioned above. Also you might want to try renaming your file to something else.

wols no está en línea Stack level 1

When I click on the removable drive, I get a "Please insert a disk into drive E" message box. Do I have to have a microSD installed for this to work?

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

I never tried it without pretty sure you do.

mythmbhurts no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    204D7C8C

There is a size limit that is mentioned in the 8100 user guide. the easyest way is to get a microSD card and copy the file or move the file to it. Once you do that it should work just fine. There is also a setting in the media options on the size of memory that you can alow for media usage. Check the settings make sure you have it to the highest if you have no card and dont plan on taking up to much space with applications
    PIN:204D7C8C http://forums.delphiforums.com/Blackberrytalk
    AIM:Austinsnyc
    Yahoo:Whips_n_licks@yahoo.com
    "8100" 4.2.0.64