Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Here's my story: I've had plenty of phones since the mid 90's (has anyone heard ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Maximus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Re: Convince me to buy the Pearl or not

Advertisement

Here's my story: I've had plenty of phones since the mid 90's (has anyone heard of CellularOne?). And every time I get a new one it's better than the one before. As a new user to the BB scene (I came from a Mobile PC platform), the BB is great and the Pearl makes it even better. Everyone's opinion is just that an opinion...see what's right and go with it.

mrdeeno no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by tony597fittr
    mrdeeno, I dont know which online dealer you are looking at. I just ordered 2-8100s for $50 plus the t-mobile $50 mail in rebate (free in the end), they waived my activation fees $75, and I got 2-plantronics explorer 320 headsets for free. Just thought I would pass the info. on. 1shopwireless.com. I also talked to Alex. Oh yeah this is going to be me and the wifes first BB.
    Good Luck
    right now I am looking at cellphonehookup.com.

The deal is to activate new service with them and the 8100 is free. My only concern is the limited plan options (they are different from the ones listed on T-mo site, but they ensure me their plans are available).

I will check out 1shopwireless.com to see if I can save another extra bucks. I'm not conservative...i'm CHEAP and proud to admit that a bucks a buck. Thanks for the heads up!

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

Quote Originally Posted by mrdeeno
    right now I am looking at cellphonehookup.com.

The deal is to activate new service with them and the 8100 is free. My only concern is the limited plan options (they are different from the ones listed on T-mo site, but they ensure me their plans are available).

I will check out 1shopwireless.com to see if I can save another extra bucks. I'm not conservative...i'm CHEAP and proud to admit that a bucks a buck. Thanks for the heads up!
    Check with these people. Me and four other lawyers in my firm bought from them. Got the rebates and all too. That was 1.5 years ago, with our 7100t purchases.

Now they are giving a free Bluetooth headset.

Also back then they had "secret" T-Mo plans in that they were less $ and more minutes than the plans T-Mo offered online. May be the same today, check it out.

Like I said, they were great. As I recall all our phones arrived by FedEx within three days of order and the T-Mo rebates arrived about 4 weeks later.

The deal is totally free, although you have to pay $100 upfront, which you get back in rebates.

I did not qualify this time around for the Pearl since this deal was for new activations only. What a drag.

http://www.ushopwireless.com/wireles...=SS151&cp=8100

ericugs no está en línea Stack level 3

Paid 249.99 for my pearl then 40$ for the year insurance. But it was worth it!

mrdeeno no está en línea Stack level 3

^^

Thanks, I will check them out also.

I ran the numbers again (see the thread I started) to compare the cost over a 1yr term.

Stay with Cingular and get 8100 w/ company discount: $1185.64

Switch to T-mo and get 8100 through cellphonehookup.com: $840.64

Switch to T-mo and get 8100 through 1shopwireless.com: $814.63 + free bluetooth headset

I will also check this other website.

The calculations include the cancelltion charges, shipping charges (if any), activation charges (if any), and any other one time charges and credits.

mothwingdust no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I've also been hearing that Cingular isn't getting the Pearl until early 2007.

DanDanInc no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    241BF661

Lightbulb Re: Convince me to buy the Pearl or not

Buy it.

You can watch skydiving movies on your phone...
    Sincerely,
    Daniel A.
    RSR for T-Mobile in Nashua, NH
    ::deadmandan.com::
    ::rebornmafia.com::

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12