Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I am a new blackberry user and I just got an 8700c just over a ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

walds11 no está en línea Stack level 4

Convince me to buy the Pearl or not

Advertisement

I am a new blackberry user and I just got an 8700c just over a week ago. I love the whole blackberry thing, but the 8700c too big for my tastes, especially coming off a Razr. I am thinking of trading it for a 7130c. I tested one out at a Cingular store and really liked it. Smaller and more like a cell phone.

I hear Cingular is going to roll out the Pearl in early November. I played with the Pearl at T-Mobile store. It just did not feel right. Maybe I really like the track wheel as opposed to the track ball. Just seemed too small for emailing and web browsing, but it is sure HOT looking. What to do?

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

Re: Convince me to buy the Pearl or not

Quote Originally Posted by walds11
    I am a new blackberry user and I just got an 8700c just over a week ago. I love the whole blackberry thing, but the 8700c too big for my tastes, especially coming off a Razr. I am thinking of trading it for a 7130c. I tested one out at a Cingular store and really liked it. Smaller and more like a cell phone.

I hear Cingular is going to roll out the Pearl in early November. I played with the Pearl at T-Mobile store. It just did not feel right. Maybe I really like the track wheel as opposed to the track ball. Just seemed too small for emailing and web browsing, but it is sure HOT looking. What to do?
    I for one don't need to convince anyone. Frankly, I don't give a hoot what you do.

Read the posts and threads and make up your own mind.

AngelJo008 no está en línea Stack level 2

I haven't heard much in the way of positive come from your post. If you need convincing, then perhaps that phone is not the right one for your needs....just a thought

squished18 no está en línea Stack level 3

Sounds like walds is getting smoked in here.

We're such a bunch of BlackBerry elitists.

Smoked? Maybe flamed!!! I know, I know, it is my decision. I guess it's back to the drawing board and test the 7130c and Pearl again.

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

or you could wait for the 8800 gamma ray

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i came from rzar to blackberry 8700g and and I think it was the best decision I have ever made. The pearl is the smallest smart phone out and it is a blackberry

abbyhoffman no está en línea Stack level 1

I'm a first time blackberry user as well, having migrated recently from the razr. I didn't try out the 8700c, it just looked clunky. My razr seems really primitive in comparison. The Pearl is about the same size / shape / weight as the razr closed and should fit equally as well in your pocket. Typing on the Pearl took about 3 days to get down, but I'm typing 2x+ faster now than I ever did on the razr. There aren't as many software options for the Pearl, but I'm sure that'll change over time. The pearl has replaced my pda / ipod in a matter of a few weeks. You'll either love it or hate it.

poopc4 no está en línea Stack level 2

The pearl is my first BB and I love it. I thouht about using the free one from tmobile but I found it to be too thick and chunky in my pocket. The pearl took some getting used to but now I'm hooked. The tracknall was easy to get used to. It seems as though the future BB's will also use the trackball. So as I see it if you want the newest BB you will end up with a trackball at somepoint in the future. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

mothwingdust no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Function over form. If something doesn't work the way you need it to, then ultimately you're just going to be disappointed down the line. I bought the Pearl because it does everything I need a smartphone to do. The fact that it looks cool is a nice bonus, but didn't influence my decision to buy it. If you need to be convinced to buy something, then you probably don't really want it anyway, and you're just going to end up with buyer's remorse.

mrdeeno no está en línea Stack level 3

i'll be deciding any moment now whether to get the Pearl or not, so I may have a 7130c used for 2 months up for sale if you're interested.

How much? I would rather do a trade my 8700c for a 7130c, this way I don't have to lay out any cash and then have to sell my 8700c. And then I can decide if I want the Pearl when Cingular releases it.

tony597fittr no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204B9B8D

mrdeeno, I dont know which online dealer you are looking at. I just ordered 2-8100s for $50 plus the t-mobile $50 mail in rebate (free in the end), they waived my activation fees $75, and I got 2-plantronics explorer 320 headsets for free. Just thought I would pass the info. on. 1shopwireless.com. I also talked to Alex. Oh yeah this is going to be me and the wifes first BB.
    Good Luck

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

Quote Originally Posted by walds11
    How much? I would rather do a trade my 8700c for a 7130c, this way I don't have to lay out any cash and then have to sell my 8700c,
    I guess this confirms it, some people can be bought, and for such a pittance.

stormyone no está en línea Stack level 2

I bought the Pearl because I was looking for a smart phone that wasn't as big as a small memo pad... I had a razr, and just before the pearl I had the Samsung T809.... I am quite pleased with my Pearl and that is an understatement... I will never go back to a plain cell phone... I don't know why I waited so long to get a BB....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast