I have been unable to successfully convert any video files using Media Manager in the ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ricwms no está en línea Stack level 2

Converting AVI Video Files foe Pearl

Advertisement

I have been unable to successfully convert any video files using Media Manager in the Desktop software. The software shows a cuccessful conversion, but when I try to play on my Pearl, I get an errot message indicating a wrong format. I've tried with different files with the same rersponse. These are rather large movie files. Has anyone else experiences this situation. Any solutions? Thanks

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6

Re: Converting AVI Video Files foe Pearl

Quote Originally Posted by ricwms View Post
    I have been unable to successfully convert any video files using Media Manager in the Desktop software. The software shows a cuccessful conversion, but when I try to play on my Pearl, I get an errot message indicating a wrong format. I've tried with different files with the same rersponse. These are rather large movie files. Has anyone else experiences this situation. Any solutions? Thanks
    Uh...I've only had this problem with some videos, but they were videos that were converted online.

What program are you using to convert the videos? the best converter (that i've found) that works best for me, is Super C video converter!! you can find a link somewhere on this site (I can't post URL because of the restriction). It shouldn't matter if the file is big or not, it just needs to be AVI format......

drew4flt72 no está en línea Stack level 4

Although Super C is very good (I use about 4 or 5 different converters for various applications), it requires some knowledge of settings and whatnot. I find that Any Video Converter is by far the easiest to use, and with great results!!! Hope this helps

Yes...i've used different converters, and they have worked fairly well...but I've had a bit more luck with the Super program. Its just trial and error I guess, until you find one that works best for you. But once you get the video to play perfect, its awesome!! I have like two of my friends trying to get a pearl cuz i've showed them my videos on it.

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5

beeshabo-- can you use super c, to convert dvds? or what would you recommend to rip, convert dvds?
    Phone: T-Mo S4- Stock-Rooted

[Former]
    Device: T-Mobile S3
    Device: HTC Amaze 4G
    Device: HTC Vision (T-Mobile G2)
    Device: BlackBerry (9700, 8900,8320,8120,8100)

Quote Originally Posted by SeRViiCiiO View Post
    beeshabo-- can you use super c, to convert dvds? or what would you recommend to rip, convert dvds?
    You know what...I've been trying to find an effective way to put my favorite movie (Amores Perros) onto my pearl, and I'm not sure if the Super program will work well (never tried).....But asked my IT guy here at work and he recommends ripping the DVD into a file first

If someone knows of an easy (effective) way/program to rip a DVD into a file to convert for BB, please post here...I've been looking, but I'm skeptical because the process is very time consuming, and I'd like to know it'll work well...Thanx

ftheroux no está en línea Stack level 1

I use a software called "Blackberry Video Creator". It is totally free and works every single time. Works from an existing file (almost any format) and from a DVD (never tried this though). You have some flexibility with settings on image formats, sound level and other things as well. But basically, it is a Blackberry tuned GUI of mencoder.

Quote Originally Posted by ftheroux View Post
    I use a software called "Blackberry Video Creator". It is totally free and works every single time. Works from an existing file (almost any format) and from a DVD (never tried this though). You have some flexibility with settings on image formats, sound level and other things as well. But basically, it is a Blackberry tuned GUI of mencoder.
    I think i've tried this program, but for me the audio was off a bit with the video, a few vids played well.....But these programs work funny sometimes, cuz Super has failed me, and yet it's worked excellent, so it varies.......But its worked the best for me!! Super converst FLV files well, i've downloaded vids off of Youtube and Metacafe using Keepvid.com and the videos converted PERFECT (in Super)

blkmz3 no está en línea Stack level 3

Amores Perros.. best movie ever!

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5

i used dvd shrink ( i think that is what the program is called) but it just gave me a bunch of files. it wasnt only one. and theres a couple of extensions, .vod was one of them
    Phone: T-Mo S4- Stock-Rooted

[Former]
    Device: T-Mobile S3
    Device: HTC Amaze 4G
    Device: HTC Vision (T-Mobile G2)
    Device: BlackBerry (9700, 8900,8320,8120,8100)

Quote Originally Posted by blkmz3 View Post
    Amores Perros.. best movie ever!
    Really!!!!! WOW.....no one I know likes that movie as much as I do (and you)...IT is the best movie ever!!...so real, and raw - I LOVE IT!!!!

That's why I want it on my pearl, I can watch that movie over and over and it'll never get old to me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SeRViiCiiO View Post
    i used dvd shrink ( i think that is what the program is called) but it just gave me a bunch of files. it wasnt only one. and theres a couple of extensions, .vod was one of them
    Yeah...that's the problem, I want it to rip into One file!!

ricwms no está en línea Stack level 2

Sounds like I misunderstood the fuction of Roxio Media Manager in the Desktop software. I thought it would convert files to a format that could be played on the Pearl. Thanks for the assist!

Do5
    Do5 no está en línea Stack level 1
    try ImToo 3gp video converter.... google for it