Starting last night my hourglass has been acting wierd. I didn't put any new programs ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ashdub01 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2460d307

continuous hourglass

Advertisement

Starting last night my hourglass has been acting wierd. I didn't put any new programs on my phone yesterday, or save any new pics or ringtones. NOTHING yesterday. I had texted someone around 4pm and only got 1 reply which I thought was wierd, at midnight my hourglass stopped blinking and stayed on. I got several messages from that person and the time on the message said 4 something pm. Wierd right? So I battery pulled for the second time. It took longer than usual for my blackberry to start up, aanndd.....the hourglass is persistant. Still there. So I lock the keypad and put the phone on my nightstand to lay in bed and think about it. I feel like my Berry is sick and I can't help it. About 3 am I wake up and my phone is almost dead so I take the battery out and leave it in pieces on my nightstand until now. It is turned off and fully charged. What am I supposed to do about my Berry?
    *I just turned my phone on and recieved several old messages.....now the hourglass is gone, why is my phone recieving day-old messages?* From 2 people? So I'm guessing it's a problem with my phone, not theirs.
    Should I call T-mobile and see what they can do is there a way for me to avoid it?
    **Ashmee**

cbeslash no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    26936cc9
    happened to me a couple time i just chalked it up to t-mo sevrvice.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    instead of doing a 'battery pull' ... turn off the phone with the power button, leave off for a minute or so, then turn back on. maybe tmo was having issues and that's why you couldn't get the signal. did you notice if the hourglass and the transmission arrows were going at the same time?

also, what new themes have you downloaded? a lot of these new ones with animation (built with that 4.6 beta) may be causing your berry to run slower too.

danger872 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2401D9F3
    I had the same problem.....and notice my instango was doin that.....it mayb a program running in the background and countinusly active....but may be a differ issue for u....just a thought
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    2460d307
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    instead of doing a 'battery pull' ... turn off the phone with the power button, leave off for a minute or so, then turn back on. maybe tmo was having issues and that's why you couldn't get the signal. did you notice if the hourglass and the transmission arrows were going at the same time?

also, what new themes have you downloaded? a lot of these new ones with animation (built with that 4.6 beta) may be causing your berry to run slower too.
    I did turn the phone off by using the power button, I did that about 4 times, one time I left the phone off for about half an hour then I turned it on, noticed nothing improved so I battery pulled the second time.
    The hourglass and the transmission arrows weren't going at the same time, However when I got a truckload of messages at once they were going at the same time, both continuous. The last time I put a theme on my phone was one that I created about 3 days ago, nothing happened until last night.
    **Ashmee**

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Remove the theme and make sure you close any programs you use by going to the menu of that program and scrolling to "Close" or "Exit". Otherwise, the program will continue to run in the background.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    2460d307
    Yeah I know to make sure there are no programs running in the background, it can run the battery down also. I know the ctrl and back trick too, the only programs I had running were call log, BBmessenger,browser and homescreen (my call log and browser never close, not sure if it's just me.) but the problem seems to have fixed itself. I just hope nothing like that happens again.
    **Ashmee**