Searched, but couldn't find anything. Say I get a text on my 8100. Is there ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

marshallw no está en línea Stack level 1

Continous msg alert until checked?

Advertisement

Searched, but couldn't find anything.

Say I get a text on my 8100. Is there a way to have the phone continually alert until I check the text vs. the set amount of vibrations/rings available in the profile?

Sometimes I miss the alerts on a text and if I don't notice anything, I don't check my phone.

Any help?

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6
    Not natively on the Blackberry; you max out at three "Beeps", and your only choice for Repeat Notifications are LED Flashing or none.

Quote Originally Posted by ma077146 View Post
    Not natively on the Blackberry; you max out at three "Beeps", and your only choice for Repeat Notifications are LED Flashing or none.

Thanks for the reply.

This feature ( lack of ) is really the only thing I don't like about my BB. Every phone I have ever had has been this way by default, seems like the 8100 would at least have it as an option.

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6
    Don't give up hope yet, someone may know of a third party application that will do what you want.

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    One reason the BB doesn't do this is because of the amount of messages most people receive on their device. A constant notification would be a huge drain on the battery and one I wouldn't want. Most BB addicts don't leave their phone laying around long enough to know they missed a message or check for messages once they get back to their BB.

It will only do the repeat notification for a short amount of time and then after that, it figures the notification isn't that important for you to get it immediately and if it is, maybe they should call instead of messaging.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

Quote Originally Posted by KalebsDad78 View Post
    One reason the BB doesn't do this is because of the amount of messages most people receive on their device. A constant notification would be a huge drain on the battery and one I wouldn't want. Most BB addicts don't leave their phone laying around long enough to know they missed a message or check for messages once they get back to their BB.

It will only do the repeat notification for a short amount of time and then after that, it figures the notification isn't that important for you to get it immediately and if it is, maybe they should call instead of messaging.

I can see how that makes sense when a lot of messages are come through. I only have a visual notification for any emails due to that same reason. I usually only miss a vibration alert for a text when I am at the gym, driving or adventuring of some sort. Would be nice to have a reminder.

I guess I just need to show my BB some more love and check it more frequently.