Hi, I'm a new BB-User and I have a problem with syncing my contacts, because ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

der_jolly no está en línea Stack level 1

Contacts only sync oneway (BB->Outlook)

Advertisement

Hi,

I'm a new BB-User and I have a problem with syncing my contacts, because they are only synced oneway (BB -> Outlook).
    I once synced them with the desktop manager to have all contacts in my BB and when I edit them in Outlook they are synchronized over the air with my BB. But when creating a new contact in outlook it won't be send to the device. Vice versa it's working fine (BB -> Outlook).

Any ideas how to solve this problem? I'm on BES with a Pearl and beside of this the wireless sync of emails, tasks, notes and appointments is working great in both directions.

Thanks in advance

Kortanis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA980E

Re: Contacts only sync oneway (BB->Outlook)

Hrm not sure, I don't know too much about BES. However, have you tried syncing using Desktop manager. Granted it's not OTA, but you have to back up your device periodically anyway, right?

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

1st you may want to check with the BES admin to be sure there are no restrictions. As for what you can do via your office PC...

Download and install desktop software version 4.2 and follow the step by step here:
    Guide to: BlackBerry Desktop Software

shmengie no está en línea Stack level 4

also check the dm settings. go into synchronize|configuration|configure sync|address book and make sure sure you're set to 'synchronize' as opposed to 'export'. good luck!

der_jolly no está en línea Stack level 1

Problem solved. I don't know why but after connecting to Desktop Manager and checking the settings (synchronize|configuration|configure sync|address book) without changing anything, it works know. Even my contacts are synced know in both ways.

Thanks for your help.