Really weird but let's say I call a random number not stored in my address ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

louee6 no está en línea Stack level 3

*Contacts Not showing up on Pearl*

Advertisement

Really weird but let's say I call a random number not stored in my address book, and after I end the call, lates say I want to hit the option (add to address book). I complete that step and exit out, go back into address book and can't find it. But when I go to call the same number it will come up under thee name I saved it as. Just having trouble tryin to find the location. Could the contacts be storing on the sim or what? Please help me with this issue, feel free to leave any suggestions or comments regarding this matter. Thank Pinstackers...

DesertBlade no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: *Contacts Not showing up on Pearl*

I had a similar issue, where I could not select a passed dialed number. I did a soft reset (or battery pull would work) and it seemed to fix it

dolphinrich no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3048e0cb

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    First, I would recommend looking at your Address Book > Options and see how many Address Book entries you have?
    Does the amount of entries in your address book, match what is shown under options?

I have seen users in the past actually set their device to a filter without realizing. Should be two default filters in your Address book (Business and personal). I would check and make sure your not set to view a filter, in which case, none of your contacts are displayed.

Let me know if that helps (or makes sense) lol

Good luck.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I tried taking the battery out first and had to hit the option first to read sim phone book. That threw contacts back on the phone, but still was missing the few numbers I had just added. I went to see how many contacts I got and it said 25 and I know I got over 150 contacts. Tried also to find the option of finding the filter opyion between business and personal, and just couldn't locate it. This is really weird. So let me ask, do you have to assign for contacts to save to your sim or do they automatically save there? I'm sure you guys will be able to help me out. Thanks also for responding so fast. That's why Pinstack is #1 when it comes to BrAiNs pertaining BB World.

Mobiman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2071348F

Whatever are you on a BIS or BES account?

Just on a regular Cingular account...

Anybody else please leave any suggetions or know-hows to fix my problem. This crap is getting very annoying. I figured I can only add a contact from the address book, and not directly add a contact from the call log...

tmotechgrl no está en línea Stack level 2

When saving contacts they go to device memory, not sim (you'd have to put them to the sim after one by one, if you want). I agree that you may be filtering. When you select address book, very top line says FIND, under that does it say either business or personal and then your contacts?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Btw I add to address book from call log and it works just fine. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Hey Tmotechgrl, hey thanks a million for responding so quick. I went really quick into address book and it does says personal, and Find at the top. Under Personal tho, it says no contacts or no addresses. I went tho to options from where I was able to hit Sim Phone Book ad add all the entries from the sim. I'm thinking the filter is on,but can't figure out how to turn it off? I know you got me. Again thanks for responding so quickly...

Ok, so when you're in the address book press menu then filter. Nothing there should be checked if you want to see all your contacts. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~