Hello Everyone! First of all, please forgive my bad English... I am French... Here my ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

podumas no está en línea Stack level 1

Contact management... Advice needed.

Advertisement

Hello Everyone!
    First of all, please forgive my bad English... I am French...

Here my problem...

I have several contacts working for the same company : Pricewhaterhouse (PWC)... under each contact, I put the company phone number as the business number for the contact.

For example…

For my John Doe contact, I have his email, pin, fax, cell and the PWC phone number.

For my Jane Doe contact, I have his email, pin and the PWC phone number.

When John call me, the ID and Picture of a contact working at PWC appearing as the caller... sometime it is John Picture and sometime it is Jane... the BB seem to randomly select 1 contact each time…

Is there a way to configure my BB so when someone from PWC calls me, a default "PWC" contact will appear? Not John or Jane but PWC.

I tried to make a "PWC" contact but it seem that it is not working...

Once again, please forgive my bad English and the confusion of my request! Feel free to ask more if you don’t understand me!
    Last edited by podumas; 05-06-2008 at 11:21 AM.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    If they all have the same "PWC" Number (as in you have to dial an extension to reach them.....).....like PWC IS 132-456-7890 and then you have to dial 562 to get John and 899 to get jane----and if they call you and it's showing the 132-456-7890 number....then just create a "PWC" contact in your address book...know what I mean? Delete the "PWC" number from both John and Jane's information, and created "PWC" it's own contact list with it's own picture.

Hope I helped---BTW, your English is WAYYYYYYYY better than most people who grew up here...! LOL!
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

podumas no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hey,

thanks for your fast reply!

I tried your solution but the bad side of it is that I now have to remember where all my contact are working...

Maybe is I put the business number as a note and not as a phone number with a new contact for the company ...

any better solution? I can't beleive RIM didn't find a better solution!

zakz no está en línea Stack level 3
    Hi podumas, just an f.y.i. U don't have to memorize where they work. On the address book, where u have the names, picture, email, work n mobile #'s, there is an entry to write the company's name and job title. U will just have to omit the work #. As u said u can then post the work # on the note section n u'll be able to call directly from there without manually entering their #'s.