(I searched for an answer to no avail--I practice what I preach!) WHen I am ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

drmoze no está en línea Stack level 2

Contact addresses not mapping

Advertisement

(I searched for an answer to no avail--I practice what I preach!)

WHen I am viewing a contact in my address book and select "View Home Map," I cannot get a map of the address. I get a "searching [address]" message, a progress bar that fills a bit, blue arrows in the top right of the screen, and then a window saying "Could not find State/Prov or Country." What am I doing wrong?

I'm on a BES and data downloads work fine. The regular BB maps app works fine too. I just can't map locations from my address book. I get the same (lack of) resuylts when starting the search from within the map program and selecting a contact. The various fields (city, state, etc.) are correctly entered in my address book.

Anyone?

JadedBerry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    203B4165

Re: Contact addresses not mapping

I just tried it from my phone, do you have the COUNTRY filled out? I didn't have for my parents, but once I put the country in the address book entry, then clicked view home map, it popped right up.
    One out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.

drmoze no está en línea Stack level 2

Hoped that might be it, but it does have 'USA' as the country. Tried 'US' too, still not found. (I have firmware version .69) Darn, I hoped it might be as imple fix like that!

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

mines says "United States of America"...

i searched both work and home for myself.
    both addresses are almost identical, aside from the fact that my work has a suite number.

bb maps found my home address but says "location not found" for work...

very interesting....tested on other local vendor addresses and it worked.

rkkeller no está en línea Stack level 3

Where I live its called Ewing but when I add someone to my address book I have to use Trenton or it wont find them. The same with my parents, they live in Mercerville but I have to use Trenton.

I think it lumps some zip codes under the largest city not the smaller surrounding ones.

Play with the citys some or and you can usually find them.

JadedBerry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    203B4165

don't use abbreviated country name. mine just says united states. works fine for all my addresses. i've now tried out all 53 that i have addressed in my addy book, and only one that came back with not found message was a friend living in the UK. Dagnabit.. lol.
    One out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.