Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~will that wipe all my numbers, etc.?... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bamaandjrfan no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23FCFA91

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~will that wipe all my numbers, etc.?

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    If you use DM and create a back up you should have everything you had before the reinstall. If you are not sure how let me know and I will post the links to show you how to reinstall your OS.

maz94protege no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    296C692F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ same thing happens to mine sometimes, depends on if I'm viewing a BB/Mobile friendly site, if not I sometimes get the blinking hourglass of death. I click the menu button and close out/exit all apps (not "End" key). Then do a soft reset and good to go

xaroc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30544A9E
    Quote Originally Posted by bamaandjrfan View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~did all that, still same thing
    Interesting, that normally work, i would have to agree with the guy who posted previously, perhaps wiping the system (backing up your wanted app's and contacts first of course) and see how it goes.

PIN/ID
    23FCFA91
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~would love 2 do that but I have no pc

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by bamaandjrfan View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~would love 2 do that but I have no pc
    bamaandjrfan, This is something easy to try: open your browser, click the menu key and scroll down and select options>browser configuration, and if Support Javascript is checked, uncheck it. See if that helps.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    23FCFA91
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~well guys bad news and good. Good news I got the problem fixed, bad news I erased every single contact in my phone. What waz I thinkin? I did some kinda wipe? Also I hadn't saved my contacts to sim. Oh well lesson learned. Since I'm startin all over whens tmo gettin a new berry? Or any opinions on the G1? Thanx 4 the help guys!

bama, Aren't you even going to tell us what you did to fix it? I'm curious and maybe some other users can benefit from your problem and solution. This thread will be on here for a LONG time. Thanks.

Btw, sorry about all your contacts.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    23FCFA91
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~oh yea went to options, security settings,then general settings, when I got in there I hit the menu key then wipe handheld. It warned me I would lose my info but that went over my head. If I'd saved my contacts to sim it be good as new. That seems to be only thing missing

In the future, ALWAYS backup using DM before you wipe, install a new OS or any other thing. It's a good idea to backup periodically just so when something like this happens you can get your contacts back.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    In the future, ALWAYS backup using DM before you wipe, install a new OS or any other thing. It's a good idea to backup periodically just so when something like this happens you can get your contacts back.
    I agree but I believe there was mention of no PC in an earlier post.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12