I've been looking around for a new phone for about a week now and I've ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Pointblank no está en línea Stack level 1

Considering the Pearl 8100

Advertisement

I've been looking around for a new phone for about a week now and I've had high interests in the Pearl. Currently on Verizon and the contract is expiring in a few days

Noticed that the generation2 Pearl is coming out late Sept? Would it be better to just stay with Verizon for another 2 months? Are the upgrades to the Pearl not that big, so I can just get the Pearl now

the hippie no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Re: Considering the Pearl 8100

i have had my pearl for about 2 months and i found this website about 3 weeks ago ( love it) i wouldnt trade my pearl for anything!!! and this website is awesome for info and learning more about your pearl.. go for it!!

CrackBerry08 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23ec9936

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I love my Pearl and would say get it, but you may want to wait it out for the P2.

Best not to regret not waiting.

Regards,
    Jordan

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Ultimately your call Pointblank. If you don't mind waiting, it might be worth it. I've been waiting forever for TMO's newest BB that doesn't come out til September (hopefully).

nyydynasty no está en línea Stack level 3

i dont think the second coming of the pearl is THAT much different than this one. (other than the different colors, of course)
    www.iamletired.com
    ...come one, come all....

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

nyydynasty, there are some significant changes in the Pearl Komet. then again, they're significant to me. i mean a 3.2 megapixel camera for one.

anyways, i'm an impulse buyer so i'd probably buy the pearl now and worry about thew models when they come out. i've had my pearl since the week it came out for tmo.

shmengie no está en línea Stack level 4

as with any rumor, take this with a grain of salt. but, pearl2 looks to have some significant upgrades...

714Rae no está en línea Stack level 2

if i were you i would grab the pearl for FREE from letstalk.com. i paid 49.00 upfront and i get a 50.00 rebate, which means i made a penny on my phone! i switched to T-mobile because verizon has lied to me sooooo many times and now is trying to charge me for service while i have been with T-mobile. I swear to God Verizon is the most underhanded inferior carrier there is!!!

i LOVE my blackberry pearl and i LOVE T-mobile

good luck to u!
    If any issues with my themes are found, please inform me so I can fix them :)

Hope sees the invisible, feels the intangible and achieves the impossible. ~Anonymous

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I have had 2 Pearls since January and I love the small size. I came from the 7100 series prior and thought that was great. I say go for it if you want a BB that feels and looks like a phone.

Emmc no está en línea Stack level 5

I'd hold out too. It's nice to be contract free. I wish I was. Sounds like there will be a lot of new BB's to choose from in September. It's not that far away.

Pointblank no está en línea Stack level 1

The deals from letstalk are very nice but I'm going to be added onto a family plan so I dont think that will do me any good. Very good deal however

Was thinking about buying a refurb Pearl and doing prepaid through t-mobile until the Pearl2 comes out and then sign a 2 year contract.

Will have to see if I can scrounge up the money

Ranz no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me!

I think the pearl is a great phone, a small device with alot of capabilities, just like everything that comes out usually the next model will have some other stuff the previous models didn't, technology is too fast nowadays. Eventually they'll probably have a third or fourth pearl in about 2 years time. thats just how things are, I'm pretty sure you won't regret if u get one now. Good luck!!

Shel no está en línea Stack level 3

Keep in mind, if $$$ is an issue, that the new Pearl will probably cost more then what you can now get a brand new Pearl for.

T-Mo now offers the Pearl, with a new agreement, for $150, where I believe when they first came out they were something like $300.

mak4a2veli0 no está en línea Stack level 2

yea,
    I dont think the changes will be tooo significant. I would say get it now, worse comes to worse get 2.